Switched from Sky to Virgin or vise versa

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi everyone just trying to get some opinions from people that have switched from sky to virgin or vise versa

who offers the best service?

which is easiest to use?

are you happy you switched or do you regret it?

let us know!

A

Anonymous

Having used Virgin, Sky, Sky+ and Freeview I feel qualified to speak on this......

If it was a choice of Virgin or nothing, I'd happily have nothing, they are the worst company I have ever had the displeasure to deal with. Picture was very low quality, not all channels available. Customer service was diabolical!

Sky customer service isn't much better but the picture quality and range of channels are far superior.

Its a no brainer as far as i am concerned.

A

Anonymous

It really depends what you want...I live in a small private estate which only has cable lines coming into it. Virgin, or Telewest, or their predecessors were cabling the town at the time the road was built. They cabled it, and BT decided not to bother. So me and my 19 neighbours have cable.

My father, in his 70s and a complete technophobe, is totally different. He lives in a private avenue and neighbours objected to the road being dug up for cable when they were going round, so he is 100% cable free...

My view on both (as my father's advisor!)...

It really depends what is important to you?

Broadband?

Cable is better - you will have closer to the advertised bandwidth. Don't worry about freebies like Home Hubs, etc. The ongoing price and bandwidth are the main thing to concentrate on...Virgin have unlimited downloads and much better bandwidth. I've never had a problem with their broadbadnd. SKY's broadband is pretty good, but over copper it still suffers a little if you are a long way from the exchange, like my father.

TV channels?

I don't have HD TV yet...Virgin don't have much choice, and I am stuck with them...so I ain't paying for such a limited choice. Sky win hands down here. If you want the latest and greatest HD movies and sports. Sky is the default choice.

Customer Service

Virgin have been just about OK with me...imagine a mobile phone company...they increase your monthly bill up out of the blue, so you phone up to cancel, and magically they bring it back down to what you were paying...that's Virgin. Don't accept price increases for a second, complain, YOU WILL GET A DISCOUNT! I don't have too much experience yet with Sky. One personal observation...Virgin's Customer Services are only open until 8pm. If, like me, that is rather early in your evening, you are stuck if you have a problem. TV channel gone down, can't see the 9 o'clock news...wait until tomorrow....

In summary?

VIrgin Broadband is great, TV is good. Sky TV is Great, broadband is good. My advice? Are you an online freak, is the internet your life...go Virgin. OR Do you want the best HD TV package and decent braodband...go Sky. Assuming you have the choice of both course. There are lots more broadband vendors, but to be honest Virgin/Sky are right up there with the best of them.

A

Anonymous

Hi,many noons ago when Cabletel were in business we has cable,everything fine until they decided to split the packages, we were the paying twice as much.........got Sky, family pack ideal,took the movies when I upgraded to sky+ saved the tenner a month, introduced a friend when they had a sky+ box offer, upgraded the sky box to sky+160. Recently upgraded to Sky HD (have a 37 inch 1080 TV) picture excellent, even SD (all exact scan) my only gripe was that I was charged £30 to change a box,they were'nt going to give way on that one....but overall...SKY by a length

A

Anonymous

I think I am the one with most knowledge on this. I have tried top up tv, freeview, sky and virgin.

top up tv just kept freezing and I could do no more with my signal. So I had virgin media for 12 mths, the v plus box worked a treat but after spending 75 quid for the box I was rather annoyed to find that if I cancelled my subscription, then they take the box back without giving me a refund. SO to sky I went, A free sky plus box and new dish, then in a matter of weeks I upgraded to hd. the hd box cost me 49 quid, but I got tesco vouchers for fifty quid free. I am also on full package at half price for 2 mths.

so far the service I have had from sky has been okay, but up until they swizzed me on the box virgin were okay too.

its a matter of working out your finances. with virgin for full tv with sports and movies, broadband and phone, I would have been paying nigh on 90 quid per month.

with sky it works out at around 65

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts