Super Legato

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Lazar Berman / Carlo Maria Giulini / Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra / Wiener Symphoniker

MI0002992342.jpg

Switching to my floorstanders for the tempestuous Berman. Let it roar.

I must admit I wasn't his fan back when I played records. I had few from those horrible Soviet ones, dreadful sounding. Much bigger fan now when I'm enjoying crisp clear DG editions.

Vladimir said:
Lazar Berman / Carlo Maria Giulini / Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra / Wiener Symphoniker

I must admit I wasn't his fan back when I played records. I had few from those horrible Soviet ones, dreadful sounding. Much bigger fan now when I'm enjoying crisp clear DG editions.
I heard Berman play live once at the Royal Festival Hall in London. He began with Mussogrsky's Pictures, and I swear I thought he was going to push the piano through the stage! He made the most colossal sound the instrument could produce. It was shattering!

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
nopiano said:
Vladimir said:

I heard Berman play live once at the Royal Festival Hall in London. He began with Mussogrsky's Pictures, and I swear I thought he was going to push the piano through the stage! He made the most colossal sound the instrument could produce. It was shattering!

I'm green with envy. Would love to have seen a spectacle like that. *ok*

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure I would have enjoyed that more than digging up english laurel in the yard. But I'll do second best thing and play some of Lortie's repertoire tonight.

Vladimir said:
I'm sure I would have enjoyed that more than digging up english laurel in the yard. But I'll do second best thing and play some of Lortie's repertoire tonight.
I know you like Liszt. Lortie's concertos, with a Dutch band I think, are much better than you'd suppose. Especially number 2.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
nopiano said:
Vladimir said:
I know you like Liszt. Lortie's concertos, with a Dutch band I think, are much better than you'd suppose. Especially number 2.

Thank you for the suggestion. I love both Liszt and Chopin, this will be a great addition to this sunny day and the fragrant lilacs on my desk.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
You have a very good taste in Composers.

If you like female Classical singers, the ones that my mother (who trained at the Royal Brussels Conservatory) rated most were (probably in this order):

- Janet Baker

- Maria Callas

- Victoria de los Angeles.

- Kiri Te Kanawa

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
You have a very good taste in Composers.

If you like female Classical singers, the ones that my mother (who trained at the Royal Brussels Conservatory) rated most were (probably in this order):

- Janet Baker

- Maria Callas

- Victoria de los Angeles.

- Kiri Te Kanawa

Fan of Maria Callas and will try your other suggestions. Thanks signore Cno. *ok*

Currently enjoying some horse hair being fiddled with.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Vladimir said:
I must say, neighbors lawnmowers and drills sound great together with Vivaldi!

:)

You can't beat a bit of Vivaldi played by Giulano Carmignola. He does the best version of The Four Seasons too.

Vivaldi - Con Moto

Vivaldi-Con%20Moto_zpset3oqsil.jpg

Vivaldi - Concertos for Two Violins

Vivaldi-Concertos%20for%20Two%20Violins_zpsr9xmjpve.jpg

Vivaldi - Late Violin Concertos

Vivaldi-The%20Four%20Seasons%20Three%20Violin%20Concertos_zpsfucolu5d.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts