Suggestion for a punchy speaker £250-ish?

bobchiba

Mar 16, 2008
Visit site
Just got hold of a Creek 4330 and coming from an arcam, it makes my missions sound quite lean and harsh. Im looking for a bookshelf to replace my missions, and im looking for something that will promote the punchiness and lovely tonality that the Creek can offer but stop it from being too over-analytical at the top end of things. Looking at around £250 new or fleabay I don't mind, but am interested in Ruark's or maybe Eops and Quads too.

A

Anonymous

Go for epos M5, the older version. I have a creek evo amp, and it matches extremely well.

They are made by the same company, so sit together well.

Also, epos use DNM reson solid core cable for the internal wiring of the speakers, so get some between the amp and speakers and it will sound wonderful.

Phil

bobchiba:Just got hold of a Creek 4330 and coming from an arcam, it makes my missions sound quite lean and harsh. Im looking for a bookshelf to replace my missions, and im looking for something that will promote the punchiness and lovely tonality that the Creek can offer but stop it from being too over-analytical at the top end of things. Looking at around £250 new or fleabay I don't mind, but am interested in Ruark's or maybe Eops and Quads too.

Gerrard says his old EVO sounded great with Monitor Audio RS6's, so I would suggest MA BR2's. They are very punchy and produce an overall big sound with lashings of detail. Brand new you can pick them up for your budget, ex-dem or s/hand makes them great value.

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
If you are not a snob try the Wharfedale 10.1s. They take no prisioners! I have just bought two for side channels and having tried them on music front rather than Home Cinema side I conclude that they are a steal at a mere £200!!! Very fast for a reflex design.

bobchiba

Mar 16, 2008
Visit site
Actually I've been interested at the 10.1's as a family friend has a cas4040 and a pair of old diamonds and they still sound brilliant together. One thing I was wondering in regards to wharfedales is that Ideally id like as as much wieght to the sound as possible and would maybe the 9 series 9.2's be a bit more punchy than the new 10.1's perhaps??

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin:
bobchiba:Just got hold of a Creek 4330 and coming from an arcam, it makes my missions sound quite lean and harsh. Im looking for a bookshelf to replace my missions, and im looking for something that will promote the punchiness and lovely tonality that the Creek can offer but stop it from being too over-analytical at the top end of things. Looking at around £250 new or fleabay I don't mind, but am interested in Ruark's or maybe Eops and Quads too.

Gerrard says his old EVO sounded great with Monitor Audio RS6's, so I would suggest MA BR2's. They are very punchy and produce an overall big sound with lashings of detail. Brand new you can pick them up for your budget, ex-dem or s/hand makes them great value.

I've not heard the BR2s but Creek and Monitor Audio definitely sing together from my experience.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts