Suggestions for £100-ish bookshelfs

bobchiba

Mar 16, 2008
Visit site
Recently moved into a new flat and have put the Planar 3 on hold for the foreseeable future. My current setup is Flac/Foobar(bit perfect) on my PC going to an Arcam Black box 1 via optical. My amp is a Creek 4330. I'm really enjoying having my music at my fingertips and the Black Box has a nice 'early cd' charm to it that I really like. The only problem I have at the moment is that I'm using a pair of Mission 702e's either side of my desk. I've always had my setup in the lounge and liked floor standers but now its in my bedroom in a sort of home computer environment, having the missions either side of the desk when I'm in front of it is not ideal and I need to switch to something thats leaning towards a near-field setup. 

I'm after a pair of small (not tiny) bookshelfs that can sit on my desk or maybe mounted on the wall behind. I'd like to be looking 2nd hand, older, good quality than a new pair of whatever Richer sounds might have for a tonne (not knocking RS!). Ideally they would be front ported or infinite-bfl, and a wamer sound would be suited to the black box (soft/silk tweeter?)

I reckon something in between a diamond 10.0 and 10.1 size-wise and my budget is flexible to some degree but I'm open to suggestion with these matters.

Cheers for any input people....

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
If you can still find them Wharfedale Diamonds 9.0 fantastic Bass for small size and good compact size - mine fit in Bedroom Headboard shelf and still rock. They did cost £50 at Richer Sounds not long ago with choice of finish.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts