Subwoofer Upgrade

steerr

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

I have recently been thinking about upgrading my current Paradigm PDR-10 subwoofer. It has served me well over the last 10 years, but I have got the upgrade bug and have decided it's time to invest in a newer model.

The two sub's I have on my very short list are the Tannoy TS-10 or the B&W ASW610. Would either of these two sub's offer a significant performance over my existing PDR-10? The reason for asking is to identify; a) How good is the PDR-10 compared to today's sub's? b) Is is still worth upgrading? I upgraded my speaker package earlier in the year to the KEF-KHT2005.3K1. The KUBE-1 sub, that came as part of this package was no where near as good as the PDR-10, hence the KUBE-1 was sold.

My system is used for Movies, Music and Gaming: Sony KDL-32W5500 Television; Sony STR-DB840 Reciever; Sony PS3 Slim; KEF KHT-2005.3 + Paradigm PDR-10 Subwoofer

Thanks

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Steerr,

The Paradigm PDR-10 is a pretty good sub - I've had one along with a PDR-8.

My current Epos betters it though. The B&W ASW610 would offer an improvement, IMO.

I've not listened to the Tannoy so am unable to offer a view.

Ronald

A

Anonymous

I demoed a number of subs recently (at home) inc. the RXW12, RSW12, PV1, 610XP, and Sunfire HRS8.

In the end I went for the ASW610, in the end the extra power offered by the others just did not justify the increase in cost IMO.

I am sure you would be happy with a 610.

A

Anonymous

I would personally go for BK xxls400 link(http://www.bkelec.com/HiFi/Sub_Woofers/XXLS400DF.htm)

if its the plain 610 you have been looking at this sub will beat it hands down, and if its the 610xp this is very similar but around £250 cheaper, i have the xxls400 and for the money IMO it's probably the best out there, it goes deep and punch's hard, my room is 8m x 3.5m and it fills that with ease. suppose it depends on weather or not you want to pay the extra for a badge.

The service at bk is very good and they are happy to help with anything. would like to add i got mine finished in light oak and it is excellent.

TRENDING THREADS