Question Subwoofer upgrade, what to choose

bowtie13

Jan 22, 2024
Visit site
I'm looking to upgrade my subwoofer and would like for some recommendations. My subwoofer is the weakest part of my setup and want some more.power.
It maybe be secondhand or new, but somewhere in the range of 500 to 1500,-. What would you choose?
So far I found available around me a new SVS PB1000 Pro. Or secondhand a PC2000, PB12 Ultra 2 a REL Stadium 3 and a JL Fathom 110. Are these great? Or would you choose something else?

My setup is a Denon AVR4310 with B&W CDM7NT, B&W ASW500 sub and some small B&W surround speakers.

I’m not an expert on subs, but I believe REL and SVS both carry a selection tool on their respective websites to help select something that matches well.

As it happens, they are possibly among the leading subwoofer brands too, so you’re along the right lines. That said, many favour the idea of all one brand for speakers, but you already have that.

Last edited:
Reactions: bowtie13

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Yes can't argue with the comments above, the SVS and the REL would make a great choice, especially the REL piano black variants are my favourites. Check out the link below:
If you prefer a more tailored HiFi sound, than the Big Open Sound you get from these two brands, you can also consider the Focals, the Dali's or SW from the B&W range.

Arron

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
I'm looking to upgrade my subwoofer and would like for some recommendations. My subwoofer is the weakest part of my setup and want some more.power.
It maybe be secondhand or new, but somewhere in the range of 500 to 1500,-. What would you choose?
So far I found available around me a new SVS PB1000 Pro. Or secondhand a PC2000, PB12 Ultra 2 a REL Stadium 3 and a JL Fathom 110. Are these great? Or would you choose something else?

My setup is a Denon AVR4310 with B&W CDM7NT, B&W ASW500 sub and some small B&W surround speakers.
You can probably get a brand new BK for the same price as a used SVS or REL.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts