Subwoofer dilemma......

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
...........I would like to upgrade my Jamo 200 watt (part of the A10 style package) sub to work with my MA 5.1 (see sig). The very well touted RSW12 is the obvious choice but I would rather not shell out £650. Are there reasonable alternatives at £200-300? I would go second hand/ex demo no problem. I would like a box that is not overly sized - 40cm x 40cm x40cm max.

A

Anonymous

I do like the BRW10, but I think the MJ would work better. My reason for buying the BRW10 over the MJ was influence form the wife and also because it was cheaper when I bought it in the sales. I turned it off the other day and I was amazed at how much of a difference it made given that you don't even know its there when it is on, but then I only have BR2s where as you have the RS6s which have way more presence.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I had a similar experience (moved my equipment and replugged everything except the sub cable), I was shocked that even a budget subwoofer could make such a difference. This is part of the reason why I want to upgrade is it is obvious that the sub is very important in a 5.1 set up. Cheers - I will have a look at the MJ.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Slightly higher budget but the Velodyne SPL-800i, its small but boy does it shift air! RRP is under a monkey but with a little surfing it can be found for less. I used my Friends on for a while whilst He was away and was amazed by the little blighter and am currently saving for one myself.
emotion-21.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
DJ, I was looking at those online yesterday (they do one with a remote as well don't they?). Would that be a big step up to the MJ sub? I like the look of that Velodyne. What sub have you got at the moment?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Currently I dont have a Sub as I thought with My KEF iQ9's I didn't need one but was I wrong! I have since listened to the Velodyne along side other offerings from KEF,REL,MJ and Monitor Audio and found the Velodyne more than held its own but especially loved the fact it is so small.

TRENDING THREADS