Stick with same brand as front, rear, center speakers?

just1more

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Greetings all,

Trying to put together a hifi/home theatre system from scratch...We like the DALI Epicon 6 as our front speakers...the salesman of course recommended that we stick with the same series from the same brand....is there an advantage to doing so versus going out & getting B &W 804 D2s to serve as rears as well as a B&W center of some sort?

Thanks in advance.

just1more

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
bigboss said:
Ideally, stick to the same brand all round. As a minimum, fronts and centre should be of the same brand for tonal match.

Thank you for your response...would that apply across a series as well? I.E. If I have the Epicon 6 in the front, then it would be best to use the Epicon 2 as rears and the Epicon Vokal as the center versus going down a level to the Dali Rubicon series?

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
+1 for the fronts and centre being the same brand and model range / series /call it what you will.

Not so sure the surround sound speakers need to be so closely matched. Surround sound is for effect not audiophile listening after all.

If your budget is an issue I would say match your fronts and centre and spend what's left over on the surrounds.

Don't forget your subwoofer though. Spend some cash and get st least a 12 inch capable of going to around 30 Hz or lower.

just1more

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
+1 for the fronts and centre being the same brand and model range / series /call it what you will.

Not so sure the surround sound speakers need to be so closely matched. Surround sound is for effect not audiophile listening after all.

If your budget is an issue I would say match your fronts and centre and spend what's left over on the surrounds.

Don't forget your subwoofer though. Spend some cash and get st least a 12 inch capable of going to around 30 Hz or lower.

Thanks for your reply...will stick with the Epicon fronts & center....of course in doing so I sort of want to stick with the Epicon rears as well...just wish I could justify the added $2'000 or so for doing so...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts