Star Wars Episode 7 News

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
T

theflyingwasp

I really enjoyed into darkness i saw it in 2d and 3d but 450million box office on a 190million budget aint no great sucess and the movie in 2009 made 390 mil to put it into context superman returns made 400 mil if darkness had barely made 400mil we might never get a third

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
And then you have to add all the home sales on top of that. Billion dollar movies are the exception, not the norm. Anyway, Star Trek films have never made massive box office and they still made ten of them with the old lot.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:
I really enjoyed into darkness i saw it in 2d and 3d but 450million box office on a 190million budget aint no great sucess and the movie in 2009 made 390 mil to put it into context superman returns made 400 mil if darkness had barely made 400mil we might never get a third

I'd be pretty confident we'll get a third, or another 'reboot' in a few years time. The Star Trek films may never hit the absolute top of the box office rankings but their reliably bankable - the studio knows there's an established fan base out there that will go and see the film, so if they spend 150-190 million on production they can be pretty confident that they'll at least get that back at the US box office and then make money off overseas box-office, BluRay, DVD and Netflix etc.

When you consider that holleywood studios expect around 3 out of every 4 films will lose money upon release, and look at just how much has been lost of some of the big box office flops (john carter of mars, the Lone Ranger) there'll always be a place for a reliable franchise with a large, well established fan base that they know will turn a profit, even if its not a blockbuster profit.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Hopefully the intention here is to get a feel much closer to the original trilogy (and not just a mans of delivering lens-flare..):

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-episode-7-to-be-shot-on-film-not-digital/

D

Deleted member 2457

mr malarky said:
Hopefully the intention here is to get a feel much closer to the original trilogy (and not just a mans of delivering lens-flare..):

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-episode-7-to-be-shot-on-film-not-digital/

Yep. This website is pretty good for news:

http://www.slashfilm.com/tag/star-wars/

T

theflyingwasp

:) it might actually be called called "lens flare"

The hype surrounding this film is going to be ridiculous .i can remember the hype for episode 1 .some people were camped out for weeks to be first in line.they must have been so angry afterwards.i hope the new films are good I'm pretty confident j.j will do a good job .

What other directors would have taken or been giving that job?

Would love to see woody Allen or David cronenbergs version of Star Wars

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=12451 Good news! :)

mixed thoughts on this; he doesn't seem to have done much of any note for some time, but he certainly knows the characters/universe/story arc, and with the original characters coming back for the new films it could well make sense on that front. He co-wrote episodes 5&6, so how well this works may well depend who's co-writing the new ones.

T

theflyingwasp

he has to keep his core audience happy but at the end of the day these are children's films ,how much would Star Wars have made if it were rated 15 .the dark knight trilogy was almost 7 hours long without a swear word ,sex scene or drop of blood I'm not saying these things make it a better film but it makes it more lifelike.

D

Deleted member 2457

http://movies.mtv.co.uk/news/star-wars-episode-vii-gets-december-2015-release-date/wsevsa

D

Deleted member 2457

http://www.avforums.com/news/star-wars-episode-vii-cast-announced.10288

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Can't wait for this :) and good to see peter mayhew will make the film as six months ago he was in a wheelchair and had to have a hip operation,he must have worked really hard to get fit for the start filming. he pulled out of a couple of conventions next month so rumours had started.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The best news was this for me.

Han Solo will feature in a big way.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/star-wars-7-han-solo-has-gigantic-role-harrison-ford-spotted-in-london-9301504.html

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
It's all looking pretty good so far! Good director, good people on board for the story/script, and great to have all the original characters/actors back on board! Andy Serkis will no doubt be a CGI character of some description, and Max Von Sydow's character should be interesting (classic character actor!).

Call me a sucker for hype, but can't wait for this. :)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Sounds good to me. Looking forward to it already. Probably says a lot about my knowledge of young actors that I couldn't really place any of the new cast except Andy Serkis and Max von Sydow

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Trying to spot a few familiar faces at this script read-through (clearer if you open the picture in a new window or tab). What looks like Anthony Daniels on the sofa facing us with JJ Abrams talking to Harrison Ford. Further clockwise is Carrie Fisher, and to the left of the photo looks to be Mark Hamill. But best of all is to see Kenny Baker proving what an outstanding method-actor he is by turning up to the session in-character :rofl: :

54d141730e175b1cadb9d68e1911bb67_2x2.jpg

T

theflyingwasp

The films are to be set 30 years after Jedi .i doubt the scenes with Hamil,ford and fisher will total any real screen time .after phantom menace last time even your die hard fans will be a little bit apprehensive of embracing a new trilogy.

plus I wonder what young kids of today think about Star Wars? and as for adults if they didn't like the new star treks they ain't gonna like the new Star Wars.

i will still be there in my Princess Leia costume from Jedi on the first day of release tho :)

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Trying to spot a few familiar faces at this script read-through (clearer if you open the picture in a new window or tab). What looks like Anthony Daniels on the sofa facing us with JJ Abrams talking to Harrison Ford. Further clockwise is Carrie Fisher, and to the left of the photo looks to be Mark Hamill. But best of all is to see Kenny Baker proving what an outstanding method-actor he is by turning up to the session in-character :rofl: :

54d141730e175b1cadb9d68e1911bb67_2x2.jpg

I don't think you will get Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker in the same room,regardless of Kenny's "method acting"

T

theflyingwasp

2015 is going to be a big year

avengers in may

mad max 4 may

jurassic world in june

terminator genesis in July

bond in november

hunger games mocking jay part 2 november

and Star Wars on dec 18th

mission impossible 5 Boxing Day

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:
.after phantom menace last time even your die hard fans will be a little bit apprehensive of embracing a new trilogy.

plus I wonder what young kids of today think about Star Wars? and as for adults if they didn't like the new star treks they ain't gonna like the new Star Wars.

i reckon most adult fans (ie those of us who were kids when the original films came out) will quite happily shelve any adverse memories of the prequels when given the prospect of the original cast reunited with a decent script writer and director.

And many of my friends kids are already looking forward to the new films (even if that is because their respective dads have raised/conditioned them on star wars from an early age..).

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:
2015 is going to be a big year

avengers in may

mad max 4 may

jurassic world in june

terminator genesis in July

bond in november

hunger games mocking jay part 2 november

and Star Wars on dec 18th

mission impossible 5 Boxing Day

yep, am going to be racking up a lot of odeon points next year! :)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Anthony is a bit of an introvert, by all accounts. He isn't much of a conversationalist and doesn't really mix with the rest of the cast. And the story goes that Kenny said hello to him one time and Anthony turned his back and said "can't you see I'm busy?", or something similar. Kenny said it's the rudest thing anyone's ever said to him (boy hasn't he lead a sheltered life...) and that unless they're in a scene together he refuses to even be in the same room as Anthony now, let alone speak to him. Anthony has never given his side of the story, in fact he doesn't do very many interviews, period. In their glizty world of narcissistic Hollywood celebs, where they can't even imagine the kind of worries and stresses real people have such as can I afford my next mortgage payment and will I have a job next year, this is excuse enough for them to not talk to each other for several decades or apologise to each other. I'd happily give them both a b-tch slap and tell them to sort themselves out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts