speaker switching

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
spent alot of time when re-building my house putting speakers in the ceilings of all the rooms with all the cabling coming into my study. cannot find any decent switching units with remotes or anything from this century , any one got a clue where i should look ( sorry new to this , will need lots of help later with full equipment upgrade ) cheers.

A

Anonymous

Spotted some on Ebay the other day, tho to be honest the majority were manual switch types . . .

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
I'll say from the ouset that I know next to nothing about multi room systems.

I expect you're looking at running several amps and want to be able to select different sources for different rooms simultaneously. Presumably you also want to be able to switch sources volume channel etc by remote from each room.

If you post back giving more idea of what you need the system to do the people who know their onions properly might help.

I suspect you might have some more wiring and platering to do yet though.

A

Anonymous

well what is your exact setup?

Is it basically 2-4 speakers in each room, wired to a box in your study. So this box literally has a bunch of terminals that wire directly to a large number of different speakers.

What you want to do is switch which room you're playing music in, by whatever means?

A

Anonymous

sorry for delayed response, 6 room ,6 sets of speakers , alot of expensive cabling all coming out of the wall in study. need to ( would like to ) connect to music system via switching device that had multiple options ( all , some or any combo) ideal with remote etc .

suspect could have found a better /easier solution than 5 miles of cabling in my roof but seemed smart at the time !

cheers

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts