Speaker Stand for ATC SCM 11

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just got my new pair of ATC SCM 11 speakers.

I'm looking for a speaker stand to go with it.

I need the expert advise on which speaker stand to match with this i.e. I'm thinking of Atacama Aurora 6....Also, what's the optimum height the speaker stand for ATC SCM 11, e.g. 50cm, 60cm, etc ? I'll be sitting on the sofa for this new setup.

Thanks, SP

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
chebby:Something Solid XF

+1
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

What about Partington Drednaughts good and solid unlike the birdfeeder XFs.

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
sweeping:

I need the expert advise on which speaker stand to match with this i.e. I'm thinking of Atacama Aurora 6....Also, what's the optimum height the speaker stand for ATC SCM 11, e.g. 50cm, 60cm, etc ? I'll be sitting on the sofa for this new setup.

Thanks, SP

To answer some of your other questions, the two key tasks of the speaker stand is to provide a stable platform and bring the speaker to the correct height. The stand should bring the tweeter to ear level - I'm not sure of the dimensions of the ATC you have so it's difficult to say what height you would need.

This is one of the benefits of being able to specify the exact HxWxD of a hand built stand like the Something Solid XF. Along with the info on the Signals website Chebby posted earlier, see this dealer site also clicky

sweeping:

Thanks, SP

Hi sweeping

Soundstyle XS122 are also worth considering. All of the ATC's i have used and most of them sold have been with the XS122's.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I use the SCM11's and SCM19's with the Atacama HMS2's. The large top and bottom plate gives a large footprint and cabinet support, and the four columns keeps things sturdy and solid. And that's before you fill them...

The lower the speaker is to the floor, the more bass you'll get - the higher it is, the less bass. You can use that to 'tweak' the sound you want from the speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts