Sound distortion,shrill,bright ?

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
From time to time i get what i can only describe as shrill,possibly distortion,particularly on CDs when high notes are hit.Aso hear it in dialogue from tv & dvd,not all the time but it's beginning to anoy me & i almost find myself waiting for it.

I call it shrill,is this maybe what others refer to as bright.

Could it be a sound/volume setting or maybe even my speakers.

AMP is Yamaha DSP-863se.

L& R speakers are Mordaunt Short 902i

Centre MS 905i

Just to say it happens on CDs when played on cd player or dvd player

any help appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Have u always had the problem with the speaker amp combination. I use to have a similiar problem 10 years ago with mission 774 fronts with a Sony av amp (both brite).

If you've always had the problem try playing an old CD that has AAD (on the back of the CD cover) logo on it, these days all music has a pure digital transfer (DDD logo). If the shrill goes you know you have a speaker/amp combo problem, i virtually eliminated this with am upgrade to van der hul hybrid speaker cable

If its a recent problem check you terminal connections (speakers first but check all coax coonection)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Cliff1:
From time to time i get what i can only describe as shrill,possibly distortion,particularly on CDs when high notes are hit.Aso hear it in dialogue from tv & dvd,not all the time but it's beginning to anoy me & i almost find myself waiting for it.

I call it shrill,is this maybe what others refer to as bright.

Could it be a sound/volume setting or maybe even my speakers.

AMP is Yamaha DSP-863se.

ÿL& R speakers are Mordaunt Short 902i

Centre MS 905i

Just to say it happens on CDs when played on cd player or dvd player

anyÿhelp appreciated.

If it happens with all your sources then it is either the amp, the speakers or a combination of both.ÿ

A

Anonymous

it sounds like people are Emphasizing their Ts and Ss ion TV and CD then you have a combo issue. Silver coated speaker cable tends to make this even worse. I resolved the problem with Van Den Hul's CS 122 hybrid but its not cheap and others may have a more economical cable to use

Your mordaunt are small so take them to any AV speaciality (excluding richer sounds - no demo rooms MOSTLY) and test you speakers with the the Yamaha 765 (most yamaha amps tend to be a little brite, the japanese like that sound) before you buy

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
vanceg

It does sound a bit like that on the Ts & Ss,i think i'll try a different cable as a first step,the cable came with the speakers it's a QED,think it is descibed as entry level.

Thanks to those who responded.

TRENDING THREADS