Sony STR-DA6400 vs Pioneer SC-LX 82 ... which one to buy ? HELP

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have the complete B&W 603 series. I'm looking for a new receiver, and the more I read the more I'm unable to choose. I had decided to go for the Pioneer (the 5 star Sony 5400 is not sold any longer and I read a review that the 6400 is inferior to its smaller brother). However, recently the Sony6400 dropped 1000 euro and is now in the same price range as the Pioneer sc-lx82 (just under 2000 euro). Which receiver has the best music performance ? I would also like to connect my SACD. I AM CONFUSED !

A

Anonymous

philitalia:I have the complete B&W 603 series. I'm looking for a new receiver, and the more I read the more I'm unable to choose. I had decided to go for the Pioneer (the 5 star Sony 5400 is not sold any longer and I read a review that the 6400 is inferior to its smaller brother). However, recently the Sony6400 dropped 1000 euro and is now in the same price range as the Pioneer sc-lx82 (just under 2000 euro). Which receiver has the best music performance ? I would also like to connect my SACD. I AM CONFUSED !

If the 6400 is inferior to the 5400 (which by the way, is a great amp), how can it possibly be better than the SC-LX82?? The SC-LX82 is better than the 5400!

A

Anonymous

There aren't many reviews around about the Sony6400 and it was only in 1 that I read that the sound quality of the 6400 was inferior to the 5400. I don't really care about DNLA or multiroom and I would have been happy bying the 5400, unfortunately it is impossible to find. Normally, I would not have considered the Sony 6400 as its retail price here was 3000 euro, only with the current special sale price of 2000 euro it attracted my attention. I fell in love with the looks of the Pioneer and it seems technically superior ... on paper. The Sony, on the other hand, seems to have DSD and I would like to use it as a good stereo amplifier for my SACD. I'm usually an impulsive buyer. This time I would like to get well-informed.

TRENDING THREADS