Pioneer BDP-51fd to Sony BDP-S7200 upgrade?

stone28

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a Pioneer BDP-51fd, which I have used probably 10 times ;-) - the reason - disk loading times. Wife can't be bothered because of that and I mostly use streaming services.

Anyway, I want to change the player to something qicker but nothing fancy as I'm on my Pioneer KRP-500A + SC-LX82 so 4k is not on my radar at the moment. Is Sony BDP-S7200 (I can see it's well reieved) in this case considered as an upgrade? It's years newer so I would think tehnology moved on since then and the quality is much better even in such a cheap player. I don't want to buy anything expensive as by the time I will be changing the rest of my set up, the player which I buy now, will need to be upgraded one way on the other.

It will be mainly to play my CDs and DVD for my daughter. Blu-Ray now and then.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Radek

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello Radek!

Current and recent players are indeed FAR faster than older ones. I'm sure the 7200 would be a good choice for you performance-wise, however surely a 5100/5200/5500 would more than suffice; in fact seeing as you probably don't require 3D a 1200 would be just as suitable for you.

stone28 said:
Hi all,

I have a Pioneer BDP-51fd, which I have used probably 10 times ;-) - the reason - disk loading times. Wife can't be bothered because of that and I mostly use streaming services.

Anyway, I want to change the player to something qicker but nothing fancy as I'm on my Pioneer KRP-500A + SC-LX82 so 4k is not on my radar at the moment. Is Sony BDP-S7200 (I can see it's well reieved) in this case considered as an upgrade? It's years newer so I would think tehnology moved on since then and the quality is much better even in such a cheap player. I don't want to buy anything expensive as by the time I will be changing the rest of my set up, the player which I buy now, will need to be upgraded one way on the other.

It will be mainly to play my CDs and DVD for my daughter. Blu-Ray now and then.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Radek

stone28

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
One more thing guys. After reading a little bit more about it I found out that the Sony is not really that good for palying music (CD's) as it's not displaying track numbers on it's display. I presume you need your TV to be switched on which is pointless. I don't want my Energy hungry TV to bo on just to listen to music.

So what else is there which is 5* picture but also can work as a CD player?

Thanks.

Radek

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts