Radio

1 optical in

Remote App for ipad or android

Wifi and Bluetooth would be nice

wolf7howl

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a Sony 1040. I do not use everything you mention but I can report:

Radio for classical music and sport commentary - FM has a nice clean sound. Could be richer compared to hifi separate, but nicely analytical. Internet radio is fine with compressed formats but improves with higher formats. HD broadcasts (Berlin Philharmonic digital concert hall via blu-ray player) is a revelation though some might prefer a warmer sound.

Sound processing modes are very good (and warmer) though my personal preference is for the direct unprocessed multichannel signal. Signal distribution is excellent in 5.1.

If you like sonic detail (e,g, in films and acoustic music), the Sony 1040 is superb(the 1050 is the latest version, but the 1040 is available much cheaper in end of line deals). If you need a much warmer sound, you will need suitably warm sounding speakers.

I am not sure about Bluetooth as I don't use it, but if the 1040 does not have it, I am pretty sure that the 1050 does.

Don't bother with a DVD as Blu-ray players offer much better performance plus possible online goodies. My Sony BDP-S6200 works wonderfully.

hybridauth_facebook_100001088194979 said:
Dvd player - meant Blue ray player with 4k

Why do you need 4K in a blu ray player? They don't play 4K discs (there are no 4K discs or players as the standards haven't been decided yet). Some of the current blu ray players can upscale 1080p pictures to 4K when connected to a 4K TV.....but the 4K TV will be capable of upscaling anyway, and current 4K TVs do a petty damn good job at that.

So ignore the 4K marketing gimmick when purchasing a blu ray player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts