Help: upgrading AV receiver

luke_vank

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi there, I have had my current home theatre system for over seven years now and am looking to update.
My current set up is a Harmon Kardon AVR 132 amp and the Harmon Kardon HKTS 16 5.1 Satellite system along with a Sony projector. The room is not a dedicated home theatre room and is used as a second living area. My current usage of the set up is about 50/50 for home theatre and music and I was hoping to upgrade to something to suit the music aspect a bit more. The room is only small and unfortunately would not fit floor standing speakers. The front satellite speakers currently sit on a bookshelf that is only 200mm deep and I would be looking to replace those with some larger book shelf speakers. Because I am restricted in size the only bookshelf I can find with in my price range ($500 aud to $1000 aud) is the Martin Logan Motion 4 speakers. I will gradually replace all the components bit by bit but I would like to start with the AV receiver and front speakers. My price range is around $1000 aud for the receiver and I would like to future proof it a bit. I am quite a novice when it comes to these things but if anyone could advise me on some features in an AV receiver that are worth getting it would be greatly appreciated. One feature that is a must is 4k HDMI switching. Based on some preliminary research and pricing in my area I have narrowed the search down to a few receivers, being: Denon AVR-X2200WOnkyo TX-NR555 Onkyo TX-SR444 (on sale)Marantz - SR5010Yamaha RX-A850 Yamaha RX-A660 I am still finding it a bit hard to get my head around all the features that differentiate these receivers. If anyone could share there experiences or provide some advice regarding the above it would be greatly appreciated!!

D

Deleted member 2457

Luke!
regular_smile.gif

luke_vank

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for your help, it is also the most expensive but currently on sale for aroun $1300 putting it closer to my price range. If the A850 wasnt an option which would you go with? The Onkyo TX-NR555 is about $1299, the Onkyo TX-SR444 is $675 and the Denon AVR-X2200W is around $1020

Is there any other noteworthy recievers in this pricerange?

luke_vank

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Yeah will definitely have to go in for a demo. What about any of these receivers on sale? https://www.jbhifi.com.au/deals/tv-home-entertainment/audio/audio-avalanche-on-selected-receivers/?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=jb-au-20160818-audio-avalanche

are they compareable to the Denon, Marantz or Yamahas

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts