Which receiver to buy ?

Kawal

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Hello all
I am looking to replace my old Yamaha 2400 av receiver, i have listened to two new amps the pioneer LX 58 and the Sony 1050 both sounded good in the demo room. Would the additional cost for the pioneer be worth it, or would you suggest buying the cheaper one of the two OR not replace the yamaha.

My speakers are Accustic Energy Evo, two front floor standers, an active sub, centre and two rears.
I have QED cables by wire, Denon 3D blue ray player and panasonic plasma 3d TV

michael hoy

The Pioneer would knock the socks of the Sony but is twice the price at £1199, the Marantz 7009 that BB now has is a very capable amp and can be had for £949.

I would ignore the Sony and demo these two together if possible.

scene

bigboss said:
Marantz and Denon receivers offer amazing value with superlative performance. I would've had to pay twice the amount for a similarly specced Yamaha (RX-A3040) as I have a 7.1.4 system.
+1 on that. That's why I went with the Marantz sr7009 as well. The money "saved" is going towards my new sub.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
The Marantz SR7009 is excellent value and Dolby Atmos capable. It has nine amplifiers with pre-outs for 11 channels. Read the review here, which says that it is better than the Pioneer LX58.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
The only downside to the x4100 is, for atmos, you can run a 5.1.2 configuration but if you want a 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 then you'll need an additional power amp. I don't think it can go up to 7.1.4 but I'm not sure about this; I'm just finding my way around atmos with this reciever at the moment..

Ive found an additional Denon power amp for £159, so I'll be buying this, I like all things Denon :) or I would have gone for the 7009 for a couple of hundred quid more.

If you like Denon then there is the 5200 but the cost just keeps going up...

Series1boy said:
I don't think it can go up to 7.1.4 but I'm not sure about this; I'm just finding my way around atmos with this reciever at the moment..

I looked into this when I was researching different options. The maximum X4100W can do is 9.2 with the addition of a power amp (5.1.4 or 7.1.2).

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
[/quote]

I looked into this when I was researching different options. The maximum X4100W can do is 9.2 with the addition of a power amp (5.1.4 or 7.1.2).

[/quote]

thought this was the case and thanks for confirming :)

Kawal

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the advice, i am a bit if a novice so how easy would it be to set it up using the on board calibration system or would suggest paying to have it set by the shop?

Kawal said:
Thank you for the advice, i am a bit if a novice so how easy would it be to set it up using the on board calibration system or would suggest paying to have it set by the shop?

Marantz is amongst the easiest to setup and calibrate. You don't need to pay anyone to set it up for you. It's a step by step process right from individual speaker connections. If any problems, we'll be happy to help.

What Hi Fi? hasn't reviewed it yet. Check AV forums review.

https://www.avforums.com/review/marantz-sr7009-av-dolby-atmos-receiver-review.10854

Kawal

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Some more advice required, I currently have accustic energy evo B 5.1 speaker set, once I have purchased the marantz 7009 amp could I attach a 5.1 speaker package to the amp or would i need more speakers because of the addition of Dolby Atmos.

Second question my speakers are 9 to 10 year old, would i benefit frombuying new speaker package, if so what would be a good match for the marantz amp

Thanks

Kawal

If you have 5.1, then just connect 5.1 speakers. You don't have to buy more speakers. Leave the other ports empty. You will be able to configure the Marantz accordingly.

Can't answer your second question as haven't heard your speakers. Speaker technology is slow to evolve though.

Kawal

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I am going to audition the new Marantz 7009 as suggested, i am also looking at upgrading my speaker package and looking towards the Dali Zensors 5.1. My question is would this speaker package compliment the Marantz amp or would you suggest looking at other speakers/subwoof.

Kawal

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I am looking at buying the Marantz 7009 av amp as suggested by big boss, however i am also contemplating on upgrading my speaker package , the accustic energy evo `s, which are 10 year old. I am looking at the Dali Zensors 5,1 or the Monitor Audio Radius R90HT or Monitor Audio BX2 AV. Please advise on a suitable speaker system for this amp

Many Thanks

Harry

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi all ,
Would u advice me for a purchase a my first av for home audio .
One month ago I was purchase a Boston acoustics a26 bookshelf speaker from online .thats good sound speaker . small but great sound . just I will search a matching av receiver for it .
My first choice music then movie . and also I have just 30k budjet.
So pls suggest me a good sound av receiver .

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello Harry, As you a new person on the forums we'll forgive you for temporarily stealing somebody else's thread!

Where in the world are you? Something tells me that perhaps you are not a native speaker of English and thus probably not in the United Kingdom. Most people on this forum are in the UK and therefore may not be able to advise if you are overseas, as we will not know what equipment is available where you are.

The clincher that you are NOT in Britain is that your budget is 30,000. I'm heavily assuming that that is not in pounds sterling, because with £30K you certainly shouldn't have bought the Boston Acoustics A26 speaker! Not that there is anything wrong with it in its price range, but not for a £30K budget! What currency is your 30K budget?

Harry

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Yes,
I know denon , onkyo , Yamaha , pioneer & marantz are good company for avr .
But which model u prefer me for my Boston a26.
Some entry level av receiver I search from online .
Yamaha HTR -2067 5.1
Denon AVR X 500 5.1
Onkyo TX-SR 313 5.1
Harmon Kardon Avr-151 5.1
&
Marantz Nr 1504
But I donot know about quality . I want also 2 Chanel driven actual 50 watt RMS up. & good sound in music .
Pls suggest me I m waiting your helpfull opinions.

Harry
Ahmedabad - gujrat - india

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts