SONY, SAMSUNG & KEF OR SONY, SAMSUNG & MONITOR AUDIO

BJB

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Subsequent to my previous post, I have managed to arrange to demo SONY STRDA5400ES av amp, SONY BDP5000ES with 1 of 2 style speaker systems:

[*]KEF KHT3005SE
[*]Monitor Audio R90 HD10

I would like to know from the audio cinema gurus which (in their opinion) is the better system match.

In addition, I plan to hook up the system to a SAMSUNG 8000 LED TV, which unfortunately I will not be able to demo with the rest of the system. I would therefore also like to know if anybody has a similar setup, or if there is anything I should be aware of in matching the Sony with the Samsung. Thanks for all your help. It is very much appreciated. Kind regards, Brandon

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Brandon.

The speaker packages you're looking at are a league or two below the level of your intended electronics. Might want to re-think the electronics if you're wedded to the idea of the Kefs or M.As. The Sony 2400 or 3400 should be worth a look.

Alternatively, you could look at KEFs 5005 series speakers. B&W FPMs or Tannoy Arena Highline 500.

BJB

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your honest advice. I am going to get a price on the 2400. As far as I am aware, the 3400 has been discontinued in SA. May I assume that the sony system matches the KEFs and MAs equally well?

In addition, has anybody tried or have any advice about matching the sony system with the Samsung LED tvs?

Kind regards,

Brandon

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I think you'll find the 2400 will be great with both the KEFs & the M.As. Although as a very satisfied B&W owner, I was wondering if there's a reason the MT25 or even better, the MT30 packages aren't on your list.

;-)

TBH, there's not really much talk about compatability between TVs & A/V amps. If an A/V amp is good, and if a TV is good, there shouldn't be any reason why they won't happily co-exist together.

Are you staying with the Sony 5000 Blu-Ray? I've not seen it myself, but it's supposed to be great. I'd love to see what kind of performance you can get for the price 5 times that of my player!

BJB

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks again Chris. The store I am dealing with only stocks the KEFs and MAs. If they had the B&Ws, I would audition them too. I will try to let you know about the performance of the Blu Ray. Sony SA is only importing 20 units into the country and the stock is only expected early next month.

Kind Regards,

Brandon

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts