Sony RHT-G900 5.1ch SOUND Rack System

nufcmarson

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi, has anybody out there (come on WHF experts) seen any reviews for this all in one rack and surround sound system? I only have a small room and don't have the room for an actual 5.1 system. I would be using a sony 40w4000 tv and Sony Playstation 3 as my blu ray player.

By the way, therrp is about £700, I have seen it online for £480. Does that make any difference?

A

Anonymous

Hi

Yes I have also been looking at this, so would welcome any views.

I already have a good audio system in my living room: unfortunately it is not convenient to use the TV with that and having wooden floors I don't want cables for rear speakers, so the G900 seems a pragmatic solution.

Any views welcome.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I have this system with a Sony KDL-40W2000, a PS3 and Sky HD.

I have found it to be very good, a huge improvement on what I had before (TV speakers). Its not quite surround sound and when I compare it to my friends full 5.1 surround system it falls down. But I dont have wires everywhere and I paid about £450 from amazon, instead of the £2000 he paid for his system.

The explosions in Die Hard 4, and Black Hawk Down are crystal clear, and sound fantastic.

I have not had any problems with it as regards Sky HD, and the 5.1 via the optical link is very good.

Overall its a good compromise between a full surround sound system and a speaker bar.

I also tried the Yamahar YSP, but it had to sit behind two of the legs on my TV stand, which totaly destroyed the effects.

TRENDING THREADS