Sony MDR EX650AP vs Klipsch X11i

joscejrod

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello, i want to buy a pair of headphones and i want to choose between these models. I know they have very different price tag, but ex650 have won product of the year award. Do klipsch x11i deserve to spend 150 pounds more for the difference in sound quality and build? Now i have soundmagic e10. Thanks for your advices!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
You tend to get what you pay for with earphones, certain brands excepted.

Whilst the Klipsch are amongst the very best around they aren't 4 times as good as the Sony, there is the law of diminishing returns. If you are listening to high quality music files and you listen a lot then it is worth looking at spending the money. It all depends on what you are looking for and whether you really appreciate getting a bit more out of your earphones.

joscejrod

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your fast response! Sorry. What do you think about apple in ear headphones? I have never read about these headphones in the magazine. And finally, under 100£, do you think that sony ex650 have the best quality/price relation? Thanks a lot!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I haven't heard the Sony model unfortunately but they are given good write-ups. My personal favourites under £100 are the Beyerdynamic MMX102iE. They have both detail and warmth in abundance.

Regarding Apple, are you talking about the free ones?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts