Soundmagic E10c + £15 Vs. Sony MDR-EX650

AlCapwnUK

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
My old overear soundmagic headphones have given up the ghost as the hinge has broken.

I think i'm done with over ear headphones for out and about use as they are just too fragile.

Looking for a decent cheap in ear set. Should I go for trusty soundmagic E10Cs or splash the extra £15 for the brassy Sony MDR EX650?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Dont know but the E10c's have great reviews. They have been critcised by some for a tad of excess bass.

Now I would assume that most reviewers test these in office surroundings but if you are outside a touch of surplus bass might just balance things perfectly. Its imho also easier to reduce bass through an EQ successfully rather than add to it with good results.

As always, Dale is your man.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
drummerman said:
Dont know but the E10c's have great reviews. They have been critcised by some for a tad of excess bass.

Now I would assume that most reviewers test these in office surroundings but if you are outside a touch of surplus bass might just balance things perfectly. Its imho also easier to reduce bass through an EQ successfully rather than add to it with good results.

As always, Dale is your man.

Thanks - I'm testing the Thinksound MS02 and Rain3 now, and the MS02 fits your description pretty well for bass. And indeed, that observation that you get better results reducing a little rather than boosting - spot on.

Edit: I've had several Soundmagic IEMs - good earphones for a great price.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the sony, and they are superb. Clarity and good bass. Contrary to most other internet comments, the salesman said he thought the bass on the soundmagic was thinner, and overall harsher. Also, I have heard the cable on the skundmagic is very sensitive to rub-noise.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts