Sony KDL-52W4500 or Philips 47PFL9703D

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Appreciate if somebody can help me.

Have been looking to buy an LCD for the past month and still confused. It seems now that my choice is falling down to

Sony KDL-52W4500 (Price 2405GBP) or Philips 47PFL9703D (Price 2273GBP). The difference in price is not a determinant

however have purchased February's edition of What Hi-Fi and there is not so much reference to the Philips model mentioned

above. The message I keep on getting is that Philips like Sony is a good brand but for Philips one is paying alot and

perhaps not getting so much in return.

Anyone's comments on this will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Joe

Rorschach

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
I think your right in what you are saying about philips, they're not one of the best, in my opinion. I'd choose the sony out of two but there have been problems on a few of the sony tv's (backlight bleed, clouding etc) I'd look these problems up if i were you, have you not checked any of the samsung or Panasonic sets out? These manufacturers make brilliant tv's, have a gander and see what you think. If it's just between the sony and philips i'd go for the sony, keep a mental note of the clouding problems etc, and talk to the retailer your buying from about these for future reference if the set you've purchased does have an illness etc.

Thanks, Rorschach.

TRENDING THREADS