Sony BDP-S350 & Sound

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having recently purchased a Sony 40w4500 and BDP-s350, i have a problem with the sound.

I have to put it up to 50 to get a bit of sound on it.

I am running it through the best hdmi cable as recommened by WHT.

Any ideas on what to do to make it louder?

Will the updates fix this problem?

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

I have the same TV and BD, though I have an AV receiver between them now I didn't originally and don't recall any issues, though the TV sound isn't the greatest (and I'd highly recommend adding a 5.1 (or 7.1 even) set-up if you've got the budget) it's okay. I don't recall having changed any settings on the TV or BD since adding the receiver so post your audio settings from both and I'll compare with mine

Does normal TV sound okay?

A

Anonymous

I have my S350 connected to my stereo amp and I also have to really whack the sound up whenever I watch a movie to a level that if it was a mere music CD would be the whole household and neighbours completely deaf. Still the output is NOT that loud at all on DVDs and BDs. I'm not sure I have everything set correctly. But it's something that is really been puzzling me. Kinda glad I'm not the only one to have noticed that.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
momo72:
I have my S350 connected to my stereo amp and I also have to really whack the sound up whenever I watch a movie to a level that if it was a mere music CD would be the whole household and neighbours completely deaf. Still the output is NOT that loud at all on DVDs and BDs. I'm not sure I have everything set correctly. But it's something that is really been puzzling me. Kinda glad I'm not the only one to have noticed that.

I have the S550 which is supposed to be very similar and it goes ridiculously loud through my receiver and I really mean deafening if I turn it up.

A

Anonymous

My bdp s350 is hooked up str8 to my 40w4500 via hdmi and i also have to put the tv volume upto around 50-60 to get decent sound out of bd's. For normal cable tv 30 is the max i put it on as then its pretty loud.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys, looks like a common problem.

Did anyone use the component cables given with it? I was told just to go through the hdmi.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts