Sony WH-1000XM4 & Nad C700 problem

PaulX101

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I have recently purchased a pair of Sony Wh-1000XM4 headphones & bluetoothed them to a NadC700 they sound great, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to un-connect them when I want to listen through speakers, I have tried un-connecting them in the players section of the Bluos app, and although it says the headphones are now unconnected its not activating sound back to my wired speakers? After hours of frustration the only way i found to re-enable speakers was to pull out the mains cable from the Nad and reboot.

I have recently purchased a pair of Sony Wh-1000XM4 headphones & bluetoothed them to a NadC700 they sound great, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to un-connect them when I want to listen through speakers, I have tried un-connecting them in the players section of the Bluos app, and although it says the headphones are now unconnected its not activating sound back to my wired speakers? After hours of frustration the only way i found to re-enable speakers was to pull out the mains cable from the Nad and reboot.
Perhaps contact NAD?

Reactions: DougK1 and Gray

manicm

Didn't you try just switching off Bluetooth altogether on the NAD?

Reactions: DougK1

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
On my Rotel integrated, Bluetooth is its own input and I can just change the source or input: all other inputs output through my A and/or B speakers. Only plugging in a wired headphone to the CD player or internet tuner interrupts that, and such connections are automatic on and off. Good luck learning your NAD's Bluetooth operation.

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
I just took a look at the NAD's user manual and it doesn't seem to be very user friendly or informative and neither is the support section on their web site!

I think AI's suggestion of calling NAD is a good one! (if you can find a number).

NAD's help center seems to be worse than Amazon's, it just sends you around in circles and no way to find a phone number that I can see.
e.g. it states:

Ask the Experts

Get in touch with the NAD Support Team one of two ways. Click the "Support" at the bottom of the page for online support and expert advice from one of our team members. Our support team is available Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Time (ET), excluding holidays to help you and troubleshoot issues you may experience.

This only describes one way... there is no "Support" link to click on at the bottom of the page and no phone number to be found anywhere!

Reactions: ianrjones
I just took a look at the NAD's user manual and it doesn't seem to be very user friendly or informative and neither is the support section on their web site!

I think AI's suggestion of calling NAD is a good one! (if you can find a number).

NAD's help center seems to be worse than Amazon's, it just sends you around in circles and no way to find a phone number that I can see.
e.g. it states:

Ask the Experts

Get in touch with the NAD Support Team one of two ways. Click the "Support" at the bottom of the page for online support and expert advice from one of our team members. Our support team is available Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Time (ET), excluding holidays to help you and troubleshoot issues you may experience.

This only describes one way... there is no "Support" link to click on at the bottom of the page and no phone number to be found anywhere!
Try switching Bluetooth off first

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
Try switching Bluetooth off first
It sounds like he already did that? (at least he said 'un connected').
Isn't the C700 capable of streaming to bluetooth phones and speakers at the same time?
My amp. does. If I just want the BT phones on I simply select the speakers 'off' (either on the amp, on the remote or with the app.)
Seems like the NAD is not very well implemented... there should be a simple way to select speakers on or off regardless of what the bluetooth transmission is doing and the manual doesn't even mention how to select output devices that I can see.
He could also call the retailer where he purchased it from.

It sounds like he already did that? (at least he said 'un connected').
Isn't the C700 capable of streaming to bluetooth phones and speakers at the same time?
My amp. does. If I just want the BT phones on I simply select the speakers 'off' (either on the amp, on the remote or with the app.)
Seems like the NAD is not very well implemented... there should be a simple way to select speakers on or off regardless of what the bluetooth transmission is doing and the manual doesn't even mention how to select output devices that I can see.
He could also call the retailer where he purchased it from.
Quite so, if the Bluetooth is disabled one would hope wired speakers would be enabled however no idea if this is the case. It certainly should be and if it isn't there is something seriously wrong with NAD software.

Dom

In the BluOS app, navigate to the "Players" section and select your NAD C700. Look for an option like "Output" or "Audio Output".

Select 'Wired Speakers' as your output.

Information from Gemini AI.

camcroft

I should think that the headphones have an app if so you surely must be able to disconnect the headphones through that.I have the WH 1000XM3'S and I have an app on my phone that controls the headphones.

camcroft

Wireless Noise Canceling Stereo HeadsetWH-1000XM4
  1. Unlock the screen of the Bluetooth device if it is locked.
  2. Touch the one-touch connection (NFC) compatible device again to disconnect it. ...
  3. Turn off the headset.

nads

Will be something to do with your headphones.

Connect to my Bluetooth inears and the output to the amp stops when the connection is made. Turn the inears off and the amp output is active as before.

TRENDING THREADS