Sonus Faber Principia 3

Nelis87

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Heard this "new" standmount from SF yesterday at my local dealer. Combined with a Hegel H80. These bad boys sounded great, might as well cost twice as much. Maybe it was the Hegel, but the combination was pure magic. Prinicipia seems a realy nice line for the smaller wallets. Definitely better than B&W s2, Dali Opticon as far as I could tell.

Nelis87

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I believe so, although I did not have the chance to compare them soundwise. Specs wise the chameleon b looks more like the principia 1. Did not realizen they are not available in the uk.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Nelis87 said:
Heard this "new" standmount from SF yesterday at my local dealer. Combined with a Hegel H80. These bad boys sounded great, might as well cost twice as much. Maybe it was the Hegel, but the combination was pure magic. Prinicipia seems a realy nice line for the smaller wallets. Definitely better than B&W s2, Dali Opticon as far as I could tell.

I never heard a Sonus Faber I didn't like. *good*

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
Nelis87 said:
Heard this "new" standmount from SF yesterday at my local dealer. Combined with a Hegel H80. These bad boys sounded great, might as well cost twice as much. Maybe it was the Hegel, but the combination was pure magic. Prinicipia seems a realy nice line for the smaller wallets. Definitely better than B&W  s2, Dali Opticon as far as I could tell.

I never heard a Sonus Faber I didn't like. *good*
+1 ;-)

seemorebtts said:
Infiniteloop said:
Nelis87 said:

I never heard a Sonus Faber I didn't like. *good*
+1 ;-)

+2 They all seem superbly voiced.

Yes, I agree that Sonus faber rarely put a step wrong in their sound. There are many fine speakers made these days, but Sf invariably seem to have a character that is both welcoming and reminiscent of 'live' music - a sort of 'atmosphere' you might call it. Hard to define, but you know it when you hear it.

I was also unaware of the Princpia range, and have never even heard the Chameleons. Perhaps they would sell well in a lifestyle setting like John Lewis stores, rather than the more typical hi-end place?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts