Software Update on my LG 50PS8000 plasma

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Here's a good one!

My LG has a menu option to update its software. I definitely want to take advantage of this because, as you can find elsewhere on this forum, I've had issues perfecting the greyscale at certain contrast levels. Anyhoo, here is an extract from the manual ...

"Software Update means software can be downloaded through the digital terrestrial broadcasting system ...

During Progress of a Software Update, please note the following:

• Power to the TV must not be interrupted.

• The TV must not be switched off.

• The antenna must not be disconnected.

• After Software Update, you can confirm the updated software version in Diagnostics menu.

• It may take hours to download the software, so make sure that the power stays on during the download."

This seems to me to be saying that although I have my set connected to my Sky+ HD box, in order to receive software updates it needs to also have a terrestrial aerial plugged in?! That can't be right, can it?! There's no Ethernet connection so I'm baffled!

A

Anonymous

Mez:

This seems to me to be saying that although I have my set connected to my Sky+ HD box, in order to receive software updates it needs to also have a terrestrial aerial plugged in?! That can't be right, can it?! There's no Ethernet connection so I'm baffled!

Correct, updates come via the DVB-T tuner. SKY do not distribute software updates (except fot their own box).

You need to check whether this update includes Firmware updates or just software updates for the Freeview EPG. e.g. Pansonic do not distribute firmware updates by DVB-T.

TRENDING THREADS