Soft Clipping

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Quick question. Ive got myself a Nad C352 amp, which im pairing with a set of B&W 686 speakers and probably some soundstyle Z2 or Aticama nexus 6 stands.. Ive noticed the soft clipping function on the amp though - should i bother using it?! Will it make any difference?

Also, slightly off topic, but can anyone reccomend some decent speaker cable for this set up - i will need 6m in total so dont want to spend loads of money, but i want something decent!

Cheers for looking.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If you regularly cane the amp at very high levels, then the soft clipping circuit might help prevent speaker damage. That's what it's there for - to mitigate the effects of clipping when the amp is overdriven.

Otherwise, I wouldn't bother with it.

Speaker cable? Chord Carnival SilverScreen is a solid choice.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I have the same amp but with B&W 685's and believe me i play them loud and havent come across any clipping as of yet so dont really bother with the soft clipping function.

With regards to speaker cable; im in total agreement with Andrew and id aim for the Chord Carnival Silverscreen cable and pair that with the Chord Crimson interconnect.

A great place to get the speaker cable is on eBay. Audio Analogue trade on there as 'Chord' and theyre speaker cable prices usually include factory termination as well :)

A

Anonymous

Cheers guys. 6 metres of Chord Carnival Silverscreen purchased via the shop on ebay. No i just need to get my stands sorted.

Expensive stuff this hi-fi business!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestions. I think i fancy the Soundstyle Z2's in black though so will probably go for a set of those given they seem to get just as good feedback as the Atacamas.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts