Pioneer XC-P01DAB & Dali Zensor 1s any good for music and movies?

bizmo

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, I don’t know if you could give me some advice about a system that I bought yesterday? I went to Richer Sounds to have a look at building a system that I could use for music as well as movies. This will be my first proper HiFi and I am keen to get something decent that will last me some time. Based on the advice of the Staff at richer sounds I bought a Pioneer XC-P01DAB amp/cd unit and a set of Dali Zensor 1s as well as a set of soundstage speaker stands and a Marantz TT5005 Turntable. I still have these in their boxes in my front room and am questioning whether it is the right system for me. I am not too bothered by the compact nature of the Pioneer unit but was very impressed by the sound quality when I was listening to it being demo’d. I’m not too bothered by surround sound, especially given the fact that I live in a rental house and can’t run cables everywhere or mount speakers on walls. But I do want something that will function well when coupled with a blu-ray player / apple TV. I am planning to connect these via optical to the Pioneer unit but have realised that I will need an optical switch to do this as the Pioneer unit only has one optical input. In addition to this I want a system that I can use to listen to music properly, something which I simply can’t do with my existing cheap HiFi. I realise that an AV system will never perform as well as a dedicated HiFi for music, which is why I went for the system I bought yesterday. I want to be able to use this to run a cd player through as well as stream music wirelessly to through an airport express which I already own. I don’t know whether you would be able to give me any advice about whether the system I have got is any good for what I need or whether I would be better off returning it and starting again? Thanks

bizmo

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for this, could you give me some advice on a system that would be better? Or would I be better posting in home cinema?

T

the record spot

What do you want to spend, what functionality do you need, what size is your room...? Why do you want to change the pioneer?

I'd suggest the Onkyo TX8050 if you can get one. Lovely sound quality and excellent connectivity. Not available in richer sound though so your need to take the hit on the restocking fee. Or not if you don't open the boxes!

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like they didn't really give you what you wanted.

In addition to RSs recommendation above, I'd also have a look at AV amps. I know the yamahas I've had have included a phono stage. Digital inputs. Your ATV could be connected via hdmi. If you have a DVD / blu ray player you can use that for cd playback.

A lot of these amps have some useful extras such as spotify, Internet radio etc.

TRENDING THREADS