SKY+ problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Had new windows fitted the other day and my sky+ seemed to be playing up afterwards, so I went outside and the numbskulls had cut through the cable in order to fit the new windows so ive lost one of my inputs!!!

Ive been and joined both both parts of the cable (inner core and outer core) together but theres no signal being received on this input still

Ive also tried swapping them round on the back of the box so its definately an issue with the sattelite or cable not my receiver

Any ideas folks???

Messiah

There you go see..
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

the good old twist and twist a bit more method but signal strength on the menu is 0 i was expecting at least something?

daveh75

GreenYamo:the good old twist and twist a bit more method but signal strength on the menu is 0 i was expecting at least something?That's definitely the issue then!

Ideally the cable should be replaced with a complete new continuous run fron dish to receiver, but if thats not practical and you have no option but to join the cable you need to use the proper connection's twisting it together wont work.

What you need is ..... two "f" connectors like this,and a female "f" coupler like this.

Hope that help's

A

Anonymous

ill see if i can pick those up in the morning or some more cable

thanks a lot for your help, youre a star

A

Anonymous

tried a few times with those connectors but still no signal being received, any ideas?

whats the best place to buy or what should i be paying for new cable if i have to?

no fuses or anything that could have gone on the dish itself?

daveh75

GreenYamo:

tried a few times with those connectors but still no signal being received, any ideas?

Well assuming you've terminated the connection's correctly.....if you're not sure have a look at this guide.Then have you tried the obvious thing like resetting the STB(by powering off at the mains then back on again) re-scanning for channel's etc, if so try swapping the cable for another port on the LNB(assuming it's a quad LNB and not a dual) and see what happens.Though my money is still on the cable/connections being the issue!GreenYamo:

whats the best place to buy or what should i be paying for new cable if i have to? The cable isn't that expensive TBH,but make sure you use proper 75ohm double screened cable meant for digital/satellite installations such as CT100,PF100,WF100 all basically the same cable but from different manufacturer's, available from HERE or HERE for example.!GreenYamo: no fuses or anything that could have gone on the dish itself?No the modern satellite receivers have in-built circuit protection on the sat outputs to prevent damage from short circuits,unlike their older analogue counterparts!

A

Anonymous

took apart the connectors installed by sky at followed that but the inner core on the join i have doesnt look as long as in your how to...... so ill try again in daylight

many thanks my learned friend, you know who to ask for all you plumbing and heating queries!! lol

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts