Scalford Show 2nd March 2014

respe

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I will be in room 81, P9, apheta, ios, cursa, exon, saturn, spendor A4, with occasional use of a Classe DR 5, including its rather interesting phono stage.

Its a very enjoyable day. Bring your own discs along, good raffle prizes this year as well. Parking is restricted, so the later you arrive the further you walk. I would suggest you download the show guide from the wam, have a look at the room list, there is some very interesting gear from the traditional vinyl and valves to full computer based. The vinyl stall usually has more than enough choice to tempt the moths out of your wallett.

respe

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
RMSSHIPBROKER (steve) and Take 5 (brian) will both be worth a listen, the bigger rooms are often interesting and very enjoyable. The hotel is a bit of a maze, so I would suggest you download the finished room plans from the wam, and have a look at what's where.

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I shall be there again, with a system made up of a legacy pair of DVD players (one used as a DAC), a cheap valve pre amplifier, a 2-watt SET amp and some ancient 12" wide range drivers. Basically a budget mongrel but simple system :rofl: :rofl:

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
respe said:
I would suggest you download the show guide from the wam ...

You seem to assume that everyone knows exactly what "the wam" is.

Here is the link with details etc. for all those who are wondering why everyone posting above is so enthusiastic (but not enthusiastic enough to tell you what it is, or where it is, or what 'the wam' is) ...

http://www.thehifishow.com/

(Sorry, but loads of people read these forums who aren't even registered members, let alone regulars on any other hi-fi forum, but might still like to go to your hi-fi show. and would appreciate some info.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts