Saw this today........

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
As usual scanning the online retail sets for any glimpse of the new 2011 sets, and found this this morning......

http://www.simplyelectricals.co.uk/televisions/3d-led-tv/sony-kdl-65hx923.html

hope this is correct size-wise, thought it was a direct shoot out for me at this size point between the Panasonic VT plasma and the Samsung D-8000 then Sony go and do this, as the proud owner of 3 Sony LCDs(32,40 and 52) and never a cloud or bleed seen so far this is the one for me I think, unless its priced rediculously.......

Been on too many threads lately about the Samsung C 8000 suddenly stopping all HDMI inputs, blinking, backlight bleed owing to the edge LED backlighting, and the Panasonic's shortcomings are also well documented on here with floating blacks, 50Hz motion issues etc....not seen too many comlaints about the HX903(appart from the fact that they were like hen's teeth to get.....).....

I know these are isolated incidents and previous Sony's have been riddled with issues(W4500 series eg); but I still feel more confident giving nearly 5K of my hard earned money to Sony......just got to speak to SWMBO now and give her the price in "wifepounds".....

A

Anonymous

most TV's look fine on paper i'd never just buy with blind faith in Sony or anyone else wait until its out go see it and wait for reviews.

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
I'll try and hold fire for reviews but I don't think any of the Sony 'flagship' TVs have been reviewed in this mag since the X2000 that I have and that was back in '07.....so I'm not holding my breath. The 55" and above sets are such a niche market it seems that all the reviews centre around 32-46 as these are the most commonly bought sets.....ho hum

A

Anonymous

Yeah - shame as even if the smaller units get amazing reviews that does not mean the larger sizes will.

Should have pricing and dimensions monday

A

Anonymous

pricing info is up on sony uk website.

sitll cant see dimensions

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts