Sony KLD W900A LED TV delayed

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having decided to get a refund for my HX853 55inch TV due to the need to replace the entire LED screen due a a green vertical line on screen in the same place that cannot be electronically fixed......I was looking forward to the W9 range this week ;)

I now heard from a Sony sources in London that it will be June before it is widely avaliable at all retail outlets and that only a few Sony stores will have one or more of the W9 series TV in in May and on preorder only.

I thought of maybe going instead for a Sammy F8000 or Pana 55VT65B TV but could not without knowing what the Sony can do.

Having got the HX853 which had great minimialistic looks and as solid as a granite statute,and under cut all its rivals in 2012, I find the Sammy F8000 looked ralatively plastic like the S3 phones.True, the innards of the TV and performance shows it is a better set(abeit more expensive) but appearance is also my consideration in selection.. As for the Pana' plasmas, the image retention issues cited by users' on their sets means, I could not consider it despite the 'reference' black levels. I need a TV that is a jack of all trades. So I have only the one choice to decide on.

The Sony W9*** is really the Sony HX953(never made it into the UK 2012) model for 2013.

Looking forward to owning this greatest Sony set ever made since the X*** series.And Please no bad backlight issues, and if Samsung can sort that out finally Sony can certainly do the same for a £2.5k set!

It is not cheap but surely this is the final big parade for LED/LCD TVs in 2013 as OLED will rain upon them and be the driving force for 2014 onwards. I can't see how the 2013 LED/LCD could be improved other than more of the same and fixes. If the W9 didn't touted to have the new blue leds along with the quantum dot technology I doubt if I want to pay the extra.

P.S:I am grateful to the dealer to allow me to use my TV till I can swap it over.....I am glad I didn't rush in and get the refund last week and be left with no TV for a month.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts