samsung ue40es8000 or sonykdl40hx853

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
:? Dear Forum got to choose a new tv under JL warranty short listed it to the sony40 hx853 v samsungue40es8000 i have done the rounds and demo both sets .. any views please

D

Deleted member 2457

mrpalmer said:
:? Dear Forum got to choose a new tv under JL warranty short listed it to the sony40 hx853 v samsungue40es8000 i have done the rounds and demo both sets .. any views please

I would go for the Sony.

AndrewFG

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
I would go for the Sony.

That is the way I am going too. Interestingly I asked a dealer who had both units on display in his shop, and he recommended the Sony over the Samsung, in spite of the Samsung being the one with the higher price.

Apart from picture quality, the dealer recommended the Sony also on build quality and warranty duration. And also compare the smooth "gorilla glass" of the Sony with the sharp edges of the Samsung frame (particularly at the corners).

D

Deleted member 2457

AndrewFG said:
gel said:
I would go for the Sony.

That is the way I am going too. Interestingly I asked a dealer who had both units on display in his shop, and he recommended the Sony over the Samsung, in spite of the Samsung being the one with the higher price.

Apart from picture quality, the dealer recommended the Sony also on build quality and warranty duration. And also compare the smooth "gorilla glass" of the Sony with the sharp edges of the Samsung frame (particularly at the corners).

And you get all the extras now too. 8)

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
mrpalmer said:

Get the Sony. I recently bought the 46HX853 after auditioning the Samsung ES8000 and 7000 and i made the right choice, it's perfect for my needs and picture and build quality is simply excellent, it's worth mentioning that all the Samsungs i demoed had backilght bleed/clouding that affected picture quality and was very notceable in the corners of the screen...something to look out for.

A

Anonymous

not 100% sold on the sony yet style tilt screen .. also had 2 years of problems trying to get JL to take my fault serious went back to samsung's three times that was on the c8000 range usal bleed and clouding issues .

A

Anonymous

I was a big fan of sony until I used Samsung. Samsung gives so same picture quality as Sony + its software is fast and gives more features at good price.

A

Anonymous

I was a big fan of sony until I used Samsung. Samsung gives so same picture quality as Sony + its software is fast and gives more features at good price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts