Samsung UE40B7020 models

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Posted this in the 'Your Opinion' under the TV itself by mistake.

I've been looking at TV's for a couple of months now, and I've finally settled on the one mentioned in the title (even over the Sony KDL40Z4500 which is being offered at some cracking prices now).

My question is, some versions of this TV simply have the model no. UE40B7020, some have a 'W' at the end and others have two 'W's at the end. The 'W' leads me to assume that some are packaged with the Samsung Wireless dongle? If not, is there only one dongle available, as the the only one I've been able to find is the 'WIS-08BG' which is for the 786 and 986 models only it seems.

Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

I might be answering my own question here but according to the manual (handily available online as I haven't received the TV yet, and probably wouldn't have read the manual anyway)

'You must use the 'Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter'(WIS09ABGN) to use a wireless network'

Though I now can't find the WIS09ABGN online anywhere. Not even from samsung's own parts website quoted in the manual.

If anyone has this TV and has any luck with the Wireless LAN Adapter, please let me know.

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I got this TV. Nowt comes with it. The 'Ws' in the model sometimes refer tow ho's selling it. Currys sometimes have odd model extensions as its to track the one THEY sell.

Anyway, in answer to the question nothing comes in the box - and I tried many places to buy a deal.

A

Anonymous

yeah that does suck, i maybe buying this tv tomorrow... but for that price it should come with!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Just to confuse things a bit further, there are two 40in Samsung models in the 7-Series range, the UE40B7020 mentioned here, and the UE40B7000 which is a Currys/Dixons/PC World exclusive version. We've reviewed both, and both get 5 stars.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Fantastic tv though I actually think the non-led (and cheaper) LE46B750 is very close in picture quality, preferable in some ways.

I do wonder though why Dixons/Curries have these 'special' models. Do they actually differ in any way other than bezel stripe colour or is this perhaps a way to get out of 'price matching' offers?

A

Anonymous

Woohooooo bought mine yesterday to 7020 model from Comet in store, and at a online price... £1195 bargin so far.

Comes Monday morning, my question is: has anyone tickered with the Configuration? and what would you recommend changing in the setup?
(WHF - would you be willing to share with us your config for setting up TV's?)

A

Anonymous

james9002uk:
Woohooooo bought mine yesterday to 7020 model from Comet in store, and at a online price... £1195 bargin so far.

Comes Monday morning, my question is: has anyone tickered with the Configuration? and what would you recommend changing in the setup?
(WHF - would you be willing to share with us your config for setting up TV's?)
google the model plus reviews and you will find a few that show some calibration reccomendations.... im jealous....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts