rubber feet ls50w2

klaas

May 30, 2022
Visit site
dear all,

I have these speakers with the original stands, but placement on stands is problematic for me.

At this time the rubber feet (underside speakers) are still on the speakers while placed on the stands and it sounds great, but (after reading all the instructions):

1 should i remove the feet annyway and why?
2 should I use the EVA pad instead, what is that (the piece of "foam" ca. 15 cm x 19" included in the speaker box?)
3 the manual of the stands hints at placing four (metal?) rings between screws and box. but they where not includerd in the package.

greetings,

KLaas

I'm assuming that the pads are in contact with the stands, and not the speaker cabinets themselves - if so, and you enjoy the sound, then don't worry.

That said, as you've got the EVA pad, you could always try it and see what you think.

I don't understand what you mean in point 3, I'm afraid.

manicm

I'm assuming that the pads are in contact with the stands, and not the speaker cabinets themselves - if so, and you enjoy the sound, then don't worry.

That said, as you've got the EVA pad, you could always try it and see what you think.

I don't understand what you mean in point 3, I'm afraid.

Most standmounts come supplied with adhesive pads for shelf/table use - I think he means that the pads are stuck under the speakers - as intended - and is asking whether he should remove them if mounting on his dedicated speaker stands.

Klaas, if using stands, the best is to use blu-tack (or similarPrestik) and bond firmly between speaker and stand, since the pads are usually on the outer edges you may leave them on - the important thing is the blu-tack.

Those metal rings I think are to protect the speaker surface if you can screw the speaker onto the stand - thus negating the use of the pads or blu-tack.

shadders

dear all,

I have these speakers with the original stands, but placement on stands is problematic for me.

At this time the rubber feet (underside speakers) are still on the speakers while placed on the stands and it sounds great, but (after reading all the instructions):

1 should i remove the feet annyway and why?
2 should I use the EVA pad instead, what is that (the piece of "foam" ca. 15 cm x 19" included in the speaker box?)
3 the manual of the stands hints at placing four (metal?) rings between screws and box. but they where not includerd in the package.

greetings,

KLaas
Hi,
I would just use the speakers as they are designed and constructed. I am sure the manufacturer has used feet that make no difference to the sound, such that the speakers are operating optimally.

Regards,
Shadders.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts