RP10 details up

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Well I must say that deck looks stunning, love the look of the platter and silver of the arm - is £2999 include the Apheta?

No doubt I will get to listen to one in the new year at my friendly local Rega dealer!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Well I must say that deck looks stunning, love the look of the platter and silver of the arm - is £2999 include the Apheta?

No doubt I will get to listen to one in the new year at my friendly local Rega dealer!

It looks nice but £3k?!

Not even suspended ...

regards

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
drummerman said:
stevebrock said:

It looks nice but £3k?!

Not even suspended ...

regards

Your right but thats how Gandy wants to make em'

Wonder how it compares to a gyrodec with the same arm?

Spending that sort of money of a deck you really would need to demo a few at home for a few days.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
stevebrock said:
drummerman said:
stevebrock said:

It looks nice but £3k?!

Not even suspended ...

regards

Your right but thats how Gandy wants to make em'

Wonder how it compares to a gyrodec with the same arm?

Spending that sort of money of a deck you really would need to demo a few at home for a few days.

Dunno. It would be easy to say I'd rather have Michell sitting at home but without listening to both thats just un-educated preference.

Still, £3000 ...

regards

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Actually, in the greater scheme of hifi and having read through the Rega descripion again, you do get a fair amount of engineering and hardware with for the money. After all, there are cables that cost that much, Dac's ...

It's all relative.

I've obviously got to much time on my hands as you can see from my (to) numerous replies over the last few days.

regards

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Why he would want to made a suspended TT? That is not the filosiphy behind Rega TT at the present. Well Tempered Labs TT aren't suspended as well, so I don't have the knoledge to ask why their TT are not suspended, but I can understand a building filosophy of a certain brand. In audio is normal to have different concepts, and made them all work. Tweeters for exemple, you have ribon, metal domes, soft silk domes, horns and others. And all work...

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Whoosh that's a lot of cash. It's a good sign that that they perceive there is a market-opportunity at that price-point, big enough to invest in the tooling required to make something different that isn't just cobbled together from the most expensive parts already in the Rega parts-bin.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
This article has 6 month...

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/meet-your-maker-hi-fi-visits-rega-research/

and there will be a Naiad TT is is the hight point of Rega research, it will cost a small fortune...

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
stevebrock said:

no mention of the Apheta. Looking at the pics, the box on the right has a middle button which I don't think the Apheta has (luckily you can give us the expert view Steve). Think the box is the RP10 power supply.

respe

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I bought a P9 in preference to mitchell, and a lot of other decks. I believe the 9 was £2.5 k for the last few years, so its not a huge price increase.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
respe said:
I bought a P9 in preference to mitchell, and a lot of other decks. I believe the 9 was £2.5 k for the last few years, so its not a huge price increase.

Funny that I demoed a Gyrodec with Tecnoarm and there wasnt a lot in it compared to my RP6

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Michell counterweight for my RP6 from Santa not forgetting an Aria phono

Steve, have you detected an improvement since fitting the Michell C/W? I was considering one of those Isokinetik jobbies for my RB300, but wondered about their effectiveness.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
DIB said:
stevebrock said:

Steve, have you detected an improvement since fitting the Michell C/W? I was considering one of those Isokinetik jobbies for my RB300, but wondered about their effectiveness.

It was a xmas pressie, I haven't got round to fitting it yet but will report back soon

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I added an Isokinetic platform under my RP6 and am still considering the Groovetracer subplatter and maybe counterweight, but realise that I could put all that towards an RP8..... :?

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
jerry klinger said:
I added an Isokinetic platform under my RP6 and am still considering the Groovetracer subplatter and maybe counterweight, but realise that I could put all that towards an RP8..... :?

I do sometimes wonder if it is actaully worth spending money on upgrades, however you need to factor in the money you would lose on the RP6 to buy the RP8.

I am really happy with the RP6 so it is hear to stay for the time being - i may put a new Nagaoka MP200 on though to see how much improvement there is over the MP110.

The Aria has really improved everything though especially vocals.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
DIB said:
stevebrock said:

The most important thing is that the counter weight is as close to the pivot point as possible. Fit a large rubber O-ring (or suitable rubber band) around the counter weight, it will have a fairy large effect on vibration damping. Cheaper and probably as effective as expensive after market weights.

Regards

Here's a pick of one of my tables. You can just about make out the rubber O-rings

image.php

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
drummerman said:
DIB said:
stevebrock said:

The most important thing is that the counter weight is as close to the pivot point as possible. Fit a large rubber O-ring (or suitable rubber band) around the counter weight, it will have a fairy large effect on vibration damping. Cheaper and probably as effective as expensive after market weights.

Regards

Here's a pick of one of my tables. You can just about make out the rubber O-rings

image.php

Nice one.

I've not heard of that before, I may give it a go in the New Year.

Forums can be good can't they?

TRENDING THREADS