Rotel rx 102 bulbs lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROSSA56

Mar 14, 2021
Visit site
Hi can anybody tell me which pilot lamps bulbs go behind the tuner dials, mine had 12.6v 0.3a but i think they are suppose to be 6v .250ma is this correct and are there any others i can use thanks

Gray

Hi can anybody tell me which pilot lamps bulbs go behind the tuner dials, mine had 12.6v 0.3a
According to the service manual, you have the correct bulbs.
All 3 of them are fed by the 1.5 amp fuse, marked F903.
If they're all off, check that fuse first.
Otherwise you just need to search for replacement bulbs.
If you can't precisely match your figures, go over on the voltage, say 14v, but don't exceed the 0.3A (300 milliamp) current.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROSSA56

ROSSA56

Mar 14, 2021
Visit site
Hi that really helps especially the bit about the 1.5 being the one for the bulbs,i have ordered some led ones but need some cheaper lamp bulbs to test in the front first do you have any idea of something I can use to see if its going to blow them i.e. 8v or a 6 v just to test or will it just blow them because it needs 12v thanks again

Gray

Hi that really helps especially the bit about the 1.5 being the one for the bulbs,i have ordered some led ones but need some cheaper lamp bulbs to test in the front first do you have any idea of something I can use to see if its going to blow them i.e. 8v or a 6 v just to test or will it just blow them because it needs 12v thanks again
6 or 8 volt filament bulbs will blow prematurely, if not instantly - use 12v or (slightly) above.

Hopefully the LED type you've ordered will be suitable. You probably know that LEDs require a DC voltage, whereas filament bulbs work on DC or AC voltage - and AC is what your bulbs get in the Rotel.
If you get a problem this, non-polarized type, might be more suitable, assuming yours are the same MES (Miniature Edison Screw) caps. Available in two shades of white and colours. Try buying one only first as a tester:

Last edited:

ROSSA56

Mar 14, 2021
Visit site
Ok unfortunately i did not know that led's needed dc so i think I have made a mistake I did ask I was told they would be a direct replacement ,this is the ones i bought

As you can see they are tubular type will these not work at all do i need to order these instead

really hard to find just a few bulbs but its the last thing now thanks for you help

Gray

Ok unfortunately i did not know that led's needed dc so i think I have made a mistake I did ask I was told they would be a direct replacement ,this is the ones i bought

No you haven't made a mistake they are a direct replacement.
The 4th mini-picture (underneath the main one) is the schematic diagram.
It shows that within each bulb there is a bridge rectifier (the 4 diodes in a diamond shape).
That rectifier converts AC into the DC that the LEDs require (the arrows coming out of the other 4 indicate that they are the actual Light Emitting Diodes).

Yes, they're quite expensive, but they use a lot less power, run cooler and (should) last much longer than filament bulbs.

To avoid bright spots from each of the 4 LEDs showing through the dial, you might just need to rotate the bulbs in the holders - to obtain even light diffusion.

Have fun, should look good (y)

ROSSA56

Mar 14, 2021
Visit site
Hi Gary not sure if you can help but when cleaning the rx 102 i have managed to clean off some of the numbers on the green front and where it said FM its gone my fault is there any thing i can do ,ie sticker on new front bit of plastic thanks if you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts