Room 101

Page 38 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Profiteering, both by official event ticket sellers and touts, could be stopped stone dead, if people refused to pay inflated prices for tickets but, we all know that won't happen.
Somehow it seems worse from official vendors - touts are obviously aiming to fleece people, but official sites really shouldn't. If I were an act, I'd boycott such places on principle.

Reactions: Friesiansam

Gray

"We don't set the pricing policy" said Ticketmaster.
"That's the decision of the band and the promoter"
In this case the promoter is owned by Ticketmaster.

What's really bad is that, while waiting in queues several hours long, (and 200,000+ people ,/ bots strong at one time) the price for some of them had jumped by £215 by the time it was their turn to pay.

Anyone that thinks that's a fair practice is as crazy as those that have paid £350.

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
I doubt it. Dubious anyone on here is foolish enough to believe this is for the fans or the music, it is purely a cash grab. I could never see what the attraction was for this bunch of ruddy idiots, I feel much the same about U2.
Yep. I have an especial dislike for that 'bono' character. And while I'm on the subject Geldof or whatever his name is, is rather obnoxious in my view. . Nevertheless I don't care who they really are or what they do.

Reactions: Gray and DougK1

Gray

It's scarcely believable. I'm guessing that a lot of people, having invested so much time getting to that stage, just lump it.
By all accounts that's how it was - they lumped it and paid almost 160% more than they were expecting to.

I might well be buying that Wiim Ultra before the end of the year.
I know the price I need to pay.
The equivalent would be for me to be told that demand for it means the price has increased by £558 to £907.

At which point they could be grateful for it being half width.....when I tell them where to shove it.

Revolutions

By all accounts that's how it was - they lumped it and paid almost 160% more than they were expecting to.

I might well be buying that Wiim Ultra before the end of the year.
I know the price I need to pay.
The equivalent would be for me to be told that demand for it means the price has increased by £558 to £907.

At which point they could be grateful for it being half width.....when I tell them where to shove it.
That’s insane!

You can take my Pro plus for £350 instead 😁

Reactions: DougK1 and Gray

DCarmi

People who turn up at forums once in a blue moon because they've bought something new...

I splashed out on a new Mars Bar today. An upgrade on the previous one about 6 months ago , which is no longer serviceable (I ate it!). I went for the stereo "Duo" model this time, so twice the output on the waist. Placement is on the desk, temptingly near the keyboard. Room size is not an issue but the door frame is getting a bit tight.

I splashed out on a new Mars Bar today. An upgrade on the previous one about 6 months ago , which is no longer serviceable (I ate it!). I went for the stereo "Duo" model this time, so twice the output on the waist. Placement is on the desk, temptingly near the keyboard. Room size is not an issue but the door frame is getting a bit tight.
I bought:

81DRu4RXS0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: DCarmi

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
Spammers/phishers. Got a text purporting to be from 'a local council' informing me that if I didn't settle my parking ticket, it would end up in court.

Sent the following text before barring the number:

'I cordially invite you to eat my ****.'

Alas it bounced back. Can't win them all...
My son got the same twice yesterday he doesn't even have a driving license. 🤣

Reactions: 12th Monkey

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts