Room 101

Page 36 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Drivers that see you waiting at a roundabout or a junction for that matter who don't signal to make it obvious they're turning off, keeping you waiting.
Not particularly important but another example of thoughtless or discourteous road use.
Absolutely. Costs you nothing but makes others' lives easier. I'd hope it's because people are dim rather than wilfully unhelpful, but I doubt that's always the case.

Trying to exit my local Shell is similar - it joins a dual carriageway, and the number of people who dawdle by in the nearside lane never ceases to amaze me - meaning that drivers departing the petrol station have to wait. I always pull out to let others get out, but the vast majority do not.

Jasonovich

Drivers that see you waiting at a roundabout or a junction for that matter who don't signal to make it obvious they're turning off, keeping you waiting.
Not particularly important but another example of thoughtless or discourteous road use.
I really hate that, especially when they're not signalling on the roundabout, you can't make your chicken run to the nearest exit, due to some dullard having no regard for other motorist and you're force to wait your turn.

Also some of these busy roundabouts, really do need traffic signalling, I've seen some near collisions because the velocity of roundabout traffic only gives a small window to make that crazy dash.

Milton Keynes is a city built around roundabouts, Letchworth City also terrible :)

Reactions: JDL and Revolutions

Jasonovich

The best fix for that is driving in Morocco or Egypt. Roundabout = every man for themselves

Never. Again.
Cagliari in Sardinia is completely nuts, when you join the roundabout every driver has a different rule. I also recall driving up a steep meandering mountain, I was being tailgated, I looked again in the rear mirror, it was grey haired woman, she must have been 80. Yep Italians.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I hired a nice motorbike in Corfu and went for a ride around the island. When I approached Corfu old Town I soon realised that any Greek Highway Code simply did not exist, so how am I going to survive the journey? Then the answer came quickly drive like I am in a dodgem car in a fair. It worked like a charm...😊

DCarmi

Double mini roundabouts, especially at simple crossroad junctions. Why need 2 when one decent sized one would do and make traffic flow better. You can see the panic in drivers eyes, if they still have them open!

Reactions: Jasonovich
I consider myself fortunate, that I don't have to drive in Swindon.
d7098a44b3658f55df8201355df8ada5.jpg

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
In my town people regularly park on hilly corners because of lack of space for parking and also often park on double yellow lines so as to get to the shops; this can be quite dangerous if one is driving behind that particular car...!

In my town people regularly park on hilly corners because of lack of space for parking and also often park on double yellow lines so as to get to the shops; this can be quite dangerous if one is driving behind that particular car...!
Reminds me of the road my in-laws live on - narrow, poorly-sighted and goes steeply uphill after a sharp corner. House on the inside has four of five vehicles and one driveway space - so they usually block one side completely. You have to slow massively to be safe, and even then you are relying on anyone coming the other way doing the same.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts