Room 101

Page 37 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

Perhaps forgetting that UK residents paid for this with our licence fees in the first place...

Thats not really how it works... by the same argument shouldn't all DVD/Blu-rays of 'BBC' programming be free?

TG was funded/produced by BBC World Wide/Studios i.e their commercial arm, and sold all over the world.

The BBC just happened to be a UK rightsholder

Last edited:
Thats not really how it works... by the same argument shouldn't all DVD/Blu-rays of 'BBC' programming be free?

TG was funded/produced by BBC World Wide/Studios i.e their commercial arm, and sold all over the world.

The BBC just happened to be a UK rightsholder
I do understand - it's the combination of having paid my share of its production and Amazon's comedy pricing that jars.

And at least with physical media you get the actual thing - a better comparison would be with streaming, and the Beeb does allow this free via iPlayer.

daveh75

My DD is £15 a month ☹️

I'm just going by what's stated on the TVL website

Choose how often you would like to pay. Make sure you have your bank account details ready and follow a few simple steps.

Pay monthly - from £14.12
We'll usually spread the cost of your first Direct Debit licence over six months, at around £28.25 a month. From then on you’ll pay around £14.12 a month.

Pay quarterly - from £43.62
We'll take four payments throughout the year. Each payment will include a £1.25 charge.

Pay yearly - £169.50
You’ll pay the full licence fee automatically every 12 months.

Though I notice the use of "around" with regard to paying by monthly DD.

Reactions: Gray

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
As I said to my son, immediately the reunion was announced and others have said. "There's a year to go before the concerts, they'll have fallen out again by then"
I doubt it. Dubious anyone on here is foolish enough to believe this is for the fans or the music, it is purely a cash grab. I could never see what the attraction was for this bunch of ruddy idiots, I feel much the same about U2.

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
I doubt it. Dubious anyone on here is foolish enough to believe this is for the fans or the music, it is purely a cash grab. I could never see what the attraction was for this bunch of ruddy idiots, I feel much the same about U2.
It was light hearted on my part. I know they are not going to blow the chance of making mega bucks. Is it something like £50 million each they are going to get from this?

Reactions: DougK1

Gray

Tickets that were originally on sale for £135 were being sold by the same outlet for £350 before they sold out.

This was due to 'dynamic pricing' where the price increases in line with demand.
Anybody that complains about dynamic pricing....after paying a dynamically increased price...needs to go in room 101.

For £350 you could be subjected to the delights of Oasis - or you could buy a Wiim Ultra.....decisions, decisions.

As I said to my son, immediately the reunion was announced and others have said. "There's a year to go before the concerts, they'll have fallen out again by then"
We thought the same thing. I don't mind the odd song, and have a great soft spot for Whatever - I used to sing it to our 29 y/o when he was a baby to rock him to sleep - always loved the lines about 'whatever you do, whatever you say yeah, I know it's alright', which summed up how I felt about him at the time. But they seem to be dreadful people to me. I was always amused by the time when Liam had a go at some photographers and one of them knocked some of his teeth out. I absolutely abhor violence, but on that occasion...

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
Tickets that were originally on sale for £135 were being sold by the same outlet for £350 before they sold out.

This was due to 'dynamic pricing' where the price increases in line with demand.
Anybody that complains about dynamic pricing....after paying a dynamically increased price...needs to go in room 101.

For £350 you could be subjected to the delights of Oasis - or you could buy a Wiim Ultra.....decisions, decisions.
I know what my decision would be.....

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts