remote control issue Audiolab+Arcam

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Audiolab 8200 CDQ + Arcam FMJ A19 seem to share same functions with their remote controls which is annoying.If you want to adjust volume both devices respond to the remote controls.Does anybody know how to solve this problem?Thank you.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
davedotco said:
chebby said:
Follow the instructions at the bottom of this document for your amp remote ...

www.arcam.co.uk/ugc/tor/A38/IR Codes/amps_rc.pdf

Presumeably you will need another remote that can be set to the same code as the amplifier, or am I missing something?

That's what the Arcam instructions say.

I didn't claim the OP would like the instructions. (Especially as I imagine spare, re-programmed handsets are expensive.)

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
davedotco said:
chebby said:
Follow the instructions at the bottom of this document for your amp remote ...

www.arcam.co.uk/ugc/tor/A38/IR Codes/amps_rc.pdf

Presumeably you will need another remote that can be set to the same code as the amplifier, or am I missing something?

That's what the Arcam instructions say.

I didn't claim the OP would like the instructions. (Especially as I imagine spare, re-programmed handsets are expensive.)

Maybe one of the cheap 'universal' models. Not really my area of expertese....... :doh:

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your respond and the link. I understood as dave. that i need another remote control?!That I didn´t like indeed :wall: .

Any idea how I can program the remote of my Yamaha RXV 2700 to line up with the Arcam maybe?As I remember that is a programable remote,I will have a look into the user manual.

In case it is programable,how do I get started?Program Yamaha remote e.g. to 12 get into Arcam menu with it,change system to 12?And then i can use the original arcam remote?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Esra said:
OK, Yamaha remote seems only able to control other Yamaha devices. Btw. I dont see any button on the A19 or the remote called something like system ... :? There must be a way

I found this one

http://www.arcam.co.uk/ugc/tor/a19/FAQ/a19_faq_issa.pdf

Can anybody explain me more detailed please,,,thanks

Check with Arcam technical support first to ensure the remote can still 'talk' to the amp after changing to the new RC code.

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
ok I press Sat+CD+MUTE to get into "System menu" .I can change between 16 (default) and 12 with the volume knob.As soon I change to 12 the remote control doesn´t respond.So there is no option 19 as written in the FAQ .When I change back to 16 the remote is ok again but problem again with the audiolab.So have to set remote to 12 too.How can I do that?

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
No I don´t and if i would use as a power amp this is not a solution I would wish and it is not necessary as only volume control seems to interfere so just setting volume to max manualy and control volume with the audiolab would do it.

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes you are right,it´s unusual,has some reason.... but it´s ok and works this way too.The Arcam A19 is just for demo,usually I use Audiolab monos.Helped me out right now with disabling the remote of the Arcam by setting it to 12 so I can fix volume manually and adjust volume with the audiolab remote as all sources pass the audiolab anyway so i use only 1 line-in with the arcam.

How can I set remote from the arcam to 12?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts