Roksan Attessa amplifier

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
yeah but I think it looks the doggies.... :)

I've never liked the Marantz look. Not 30 years ago, not now. No change with the 30 and now 40 but I heard a couple/owned a couple which sounded decent. Never really great though.

Still, I will try the 40 if only to scratch an itch. No interest whatsoever in the Class D 30.

Could this (40) be one I really like?

manicm

I've never liked the Marantz look. Not 30 years ago, not now. No change with the 30 and now 40 but I heard a couple/owned a couple which sounded decent. Never really great though.

Still, I will try the 40 if only to scratch an itch. No interest whatsoever in the Class D 30.

Could this (40) be one I really like?

Yes, but cheap it ain't.

Reactions: RoA

DaisyD

Mar 2, 2022
Visit site
Bought an attessa streaming amp nearly a month ago. This was the amp I settled on after several alternatives to replace a wonderful 90's Rotel which shed it's capacitors. I tried MF, Denon, CA, Rega and Audiolab. Looks are always a matter of opinion, as is sound, and I've never owned any item of audio which was perfect. I listen to music all day, every day and feel the Roksan to be a good solution for an amp under £2000. Yes the phono stage isn't brilliant and yes a HDMI input might be good, but it's a hifi amp. Overall I'd say it does everything 8.5/10

Reactions: doifeellucky

robdmarsh

Bought an attessa streaming amp nearly a month ago. This was the amp I settled on after several alternatives to replace a wonderful 90's Rotel which shed it's capacitors. I tried MF, Denon, CA, Rega and Audiolab. Looks are always a matter of opinion, as is sound, and I've never owned any item of audio which was perfect. I listen to music all day, every day and feel the Roksan to be a good solution for an amp under £2000. Yes the phono stage isn't brilliant and yes a HDMI input might be good, but it's a hifi amp. Overall I'd say it does everything 8.5/10
What do you like about the attessa?

DaisyD

Mar 2, 2022
Visit site
It's built beautifully and has been well considered. The LEDs are there to give you info from a distance. I don't need a screen (the phone/laptop/ is the screen. I wouldn't be surprised if it pushes out more power than advertised. Gain adjustment for all analog inputs controlled from the remote is ace. You can sync with your desired streaming service so the amp turns and starts to play directly when you hit song play on any paired device. Finally, it is a piece of furniture not a box that has been brought out at a clever time that uses a streaming system that is seamless AND gapless.

Reactions: manicm
I would urge @RoA to stop pussyfooting around, stuff scratching the itch, go and and buy a Leema Pulse (1st gen version). They're available between £400-600 typically. It'll be the best £600 he's spent on a hi-fi component.

Won't better a high end Marantz but he won't get any of those below a 1k unless it's retrieved from a skip.

Reactions: aversaurus

Gonepostal

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
You are probably right on that front Al...

How are you enjoying the new speakers PP, I remember you also had a listen to a pair of Neat sx2s....did they play well with Leema, there are a couple of Elements amps on an auction site at a good price.

Ps. I've got a pair of Sx2s myself.

Reactions: plastic penguin

How are you enjoying the new speakers PP, I remember you also had a listen to a pair of Neat sx2s....did they play well with Leema, there are a couple of Elements amps on an auction site at a good price.

Enjoying them so far.

Yes, the SX2s were very good, nothing to really fault them, as long as you like that lean back cabinet shape.

For my taste, though, I was wowed more by the Amphion Argon 1. Super little speakers.

No idea about the Elements range. Certainly the Pulse is tonally a good match for Neat.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts