Roksan Attessa amplifier

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
I heard the model that replaced them the RX6, and the RSs were better. Think most companies get it just right with one model, and IMHO Monitor Audio 'nailed it' with the RS6s.

I would imagine they are a cracking match for the Attessa. The certainly were with the Kandy & Caspian models.

The only slight caveat is the RS6s demand good quality amplification. They suffer from a dip in ohms

Last edited:

Dom

Yeah the Attessa looks great doesnt it.
A well setup system sounds really good - Ofcourse. Maybe just getting the source right does it? Saying that ultra highend speakers and amplifiers are still lofty dreams.

Last edited:

matthewpianist

I heard the model that replaced them the RX6, and the RSs were better. Think most companies get it just right with one model, and IMHO Monitor Audio 'nailed it' with the RS6s.

I would imagine they are a cracking match for the Attessa. The certainly were with the Kandy & Caspian models.

The only slight caveat is the RS6s demand good quality amplification. They suffer from a dip in ohms

Hi PP. I think there's a pattern there with Monitor Audio. I liked the Bronze BR2 and BX2 models, but thought the Bronze 2s and current Bronze 100s to be a step backwards, losing what made the older models special.

Hi PP. I think there's a pattern there with Monitor Audio. I liked the Bronze BR2 and BX2 models, but thought the Bronze 2s and current Bronze 100s to be a step backwards, losing what made the older models special.
Hiya Matthew. Hope you're keeping safe.

Concur with your sentiments but that isn't exclusive to Monitor Audio. Most brands who make a stonking model, the follow-up tends to be an anti climax. Think that's down to a couple of things: reading too much into reviews and it's down to expectation.

It isn't just hi-fi. Any artist will have a massive hit yet the follow-ups aren't as good or disappointing.

Reactions: Al ears

manicm

Will you stop trying to sell your £8 grand subwoofers with comments like this.
Totally wrong. A simple statement like 'a subwoofer ' would suffice.....
Will you stop trying to sell your £8 grand subwoofers with comments like this.
Totally wrong. A simple statement like 'a subwoofer ' would suffice.....

You really need to chill, essentially what Musicraft was trying to say is what a capable amp the Atessa is. I agree he pushes subs, but have you seen the punishing specs of the Gold 300?

Really, relax.

You really need to chill, essentially what Musicraft was trying to say is what a capable amp the Atessa is. I agree he pushes subs, but have you seen the punishing specs of the Gold 300?

Really, relax.
Rick's wishes have been addressed - I'll just flag up these two forum rules:

- Don’t use our forums as a tool to promote your own personal products or services.
- Do not discuss moderator action.

Back on topic now, please.

Reactions: manicm

Really, relax.
Regrettably I have do disagree with your interpretation of things.
Yes I agree the Gold 300 can be a tad difficult to drive and there perhaps was a good point, however there was no need to add any information about subwoofers at all.

Regrettably I have do disagree with your interpretation of things.
Yes I agree the Gold 300 can be a tad difficult to drive and there perhaps was a good point, however there was no need to add any information about subwoofers at all.

Normally I would say unbelievable but I am not surprised that to see you commenting even though you've been notified that a complaint and one that is serious is going to be made against your conduct.

Last edited:

In the main there are two types of speakers that can be used with and if need be simultaneously with amplifiers such as the Attessa integrated amplifier -

1. passive mains
2. sub/s

With an ever increasing number of people appreciating the benefits of subwoofers and using 2.1 music systems it is therefore essential to also pay attention to the quality of the amplifiers pre/subwoofer output. This is to see how it fairs against main speaker output stage. If pre/subwoofer output lags behind then this has a knock on effect and can make it more challenging or impossible to effectively and seamlessly blend the subwoofer with the rest of the system.

Sometimes it's a good idea to test and push some products with those that they would normally not be used with. The Attessa integrated amplifier has shown me that it also has a solid pre/sub output stage because with the Fathom f212 v2 there is simply no place hide.

Therefore, the Attessa integrated amplifier should find it a walk in the park for most if not all subwoofers up to £1.5k that it's most likely to be used.

Tinman1952

Interestingly the Model 40 is a curious amp, the only real advantage over the PM7000N is the addition of a HDMI port and 10 extra watts for a lot more money, on paper at least.
Hopefully this is also true, in addition to the posh casework.....🤞

"The new 70 watt per channel (8Ω) Class A/B amplifier stage is said to exceed the performance of earlier models with similar power ratings, while the combination of a larger power supply transformer, heavy copper bus bars and short power pathways are said to help the Model 40n produce a “highly dynamic” performance and make it an “excellent match” for difficult to drive loudspeakers."

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts