Rega Elicit R

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Larry said:
Well I live in Copenhagen so I have some hi-fi stores around, but I have really only thought about that the Elicit-R, the new Naim nait XS 2 and Heed Obelisk could be an option....or maybe an used amp from higher up. Saw an used Audia Flight one III today at 1395 £, but it´s located in the other part of the country so wouldn´t travel after an audition.

Well they seem like excellent choices to compare with the Elicit-R. As I've pointed out before it isn't always down to the best component, rather which component synergises the best with the rest of your kit. Looks like a good day out for you soon. :)

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Well excited isnt the word, guy came at 8am this morning on the train and rode off with my Kawasaki GSXR750 - I was a little emotional but being realisitic i have had too many near fatal accidents over the years!

Got the cash for the Elicit R now

Rega are quoting 2-3 weeks, my nearest Rega dealer only had the demo unit in so have a little wait now!

As you say PP, can't see any other amp synergising with the rest of my kit as well as the Elicit R - and TBH early comments/reviews are all for the Elicit

When I heard it I was gripped immediately - it captivated me - you dont realise what Rega speakers are capable of with quality amplifacation

Hi stevebrock

Nice one :clap: and i hope that you enjoy the performance of the Elicit-R for many years to come
smiley-smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

empacher

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Well excited isnt the word, guy came at 8am this morning on the train and rode off with my Kawasaki GSXR750 - I was a little emotional but being realisitic i have had too many near fatal accidents over the years!

Rega are quoting 2-3 weeks, my nearest Rega dealer only had the demo unit in so have a little wait now!

As you say PP, can't see any other amp synergising with the rest of my kit as well as the Elicit R - and TBH early comments/reviews are all for the Elicit

When I heard it I was gripped immediately - it captivated me - you dont realise what Rega speakers are capable of with quality amplifacation

Nice. That will be a sweet set-up. Looking forward to your impressions.

I'm predicting RS5s or better in less than a year ;-)

stevebrock said:

Sounds fantastic. Should be the bees knees.

My only concernette is that people familiar with the Brio-R may find the Elicit a bit of a departure, given the review says the Roksan Caspian is slightly warmer or easier going than the Elicit

BTW, good the bike has gone. Nice to keep a whole skin. :dance:

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I can imagine the exitement, i think thats part of why we do this, oh and the music!

Even though ive just bought my Leema i was really considering a Rega Brio R and somehow im a Rega fan.

I think its great that british companies can produce really good kit people want to buy.

Can not wait to hear your impressions. Enjoy.

A

Anonymous

stevebrock said:
Think i might at least go an have a good listen to a Nait XS2 as well at the Rega dealer

You should because even if you don't like it you've heard it and it won't be in the back of your mind.

If I was you I would listen to at least one more as well as the that

Good luck and keep enjoying the music, that's the most important thing after all

kikiso

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I visited hi-fi lounge in Beds yesterday with the intention of buying the Brio-R, but never having hear it I was going on what I'd read. It sounded a bit flat to my ears, the speakers were RS3s, I have a small Vinyl collection which I play on my P25 and I need a good amp as I have moved things around and can't use my Pioneer AV Amp anymore, I know you'll all groan at that, not the best way to play vinyl, but I've been using a Trichord Dino phono stage and the sound has been excellent. The Amp is the LX56, very nice btw,

Anyway, I was actually a bit disappointed at the Brio-R, it could be the phone stage was letting it down, not sure, but I made the fatal error of asking about the Ellicit-R and a quick demo. I've read the reviews that are around. Well, the sound difference was amazing, even going through the RS3s that were used for the Brio-R. So this was a like-for-like comparison and my missus and I were completely amazed by the lift in the sound, the clarity, everything, and the Ellicit-R hadn't even been allowed to warm up at this stage. I handed over my credit card there and then, I'll worry about affording it later.

Based on the advice from the shop I will probably order RS5s to really make the most of this fantastic piece of kit, although the RS3s were very acceptable but at this stage, the extra cost given the overall spend is not worth losing sleep over.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
kikiso said:
Based on the advice from the shop I will probably order RS5s to really make the most of this fantastic piece of kit, although the RS3s were very acceptable but at this stage, the extra cost given the overall spend is not worth losing sleep over.

IMO. The quality of the amp is often underestimated, so I'm glad you found what you liked.

You may have found your perfect speaker, but before you commit, my advice would be to listen to a couple of good alternatives (eg. Spendor, Sonus Faber Venere, Kef R Series and Proac).....IME. it's all too easy to jump at the first thing that sounds really good; but something only sounds great until you hear better.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
You may have found your perfect speaker, but before you commit, my advice would be to listen to a couple of good alternatives (eg. Spendor, Sonus Faber Venere, Kef R Series and Proac).....IME. it's all to easy to jump at the first thing that sounds really good; but something only sounds great until you hear better.

Indeed Cno. Patience is a virtue , a phrase oft overlooked on here. At the very least Kikiso get the damn things home to listen to , dont fall for dealer pressure etc , tis your ears not his. The extra cost could well end up losing sleep over if you just jump in and they sound c**p in your room. Live with them for a few days not a couple of hrs. Then try other brands as Cno advises. If matey says he dosnt do home dems then tell him to stick it.

Lets face it , would you buy a car without driving it first .

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I visited hi-fi lounge in Beds

Nice one!

Paul is a great guy, I istened to the Elicit R there the day before with an Aria RP6/Dynavector 10x5 I also got my RS3 from him also!

I have ordered an Elicit R too an it sounds fantastic and welcome to the Forum!

While you were there did you mangage to go upstairs and listen to the Bryston Pre/power & focal speakers he has?

floyd droid said:
CnoEvil said:
You may have found your perfect speaker, but before you commit, my advice would be to listen to a couple of good alternatives (eg. Spendor, Sonus Faber Venere, Kef R Series and Proac).....IME. it's all to easy to jump at the first thing that sounds really good; but something only sounds great until you hear better.

Indeed Cno. Patience is a virtue , a phrase oft overlooked on here. At the very least Kikiso get the damn things home to listen to , dont fall for dealer pressure etc , tis your ears not his. The extra cost could well end up losing sleep over if you just jump in and they sound c**p in your room. Live with them for a few days not a couple of hrs. Then try other brands as Cno advises. If matey says he dosnt do home dems then tell him to stick it.

Lets face it , would you buy a car without driving it first .

Concur. If they don't do dems why do they come on here? They might as well just flip a coin and/or just go by dealer/mag reviews alone and spend the rest of their life feeling very grumpy.

TRENDING THREADS