Rega Elicit R

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

kikiso

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for welcoming me, I'm happy to be here. I have watched this forum for a while and pleased to see the amount of helpful feedback on offer.

And on that point, I have read all the replies to my earlier post and will see what speakers I can get home as this has now become a "considered purchase" whereas plan "a" (Brio-R and RS3) was not. I do have to set a limit of £1k on the speakers so any other alternative suggestions will be considered.

Thanks again.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I read that it's good with "... the tactile fluidity of vinyl records ...".
smiley-cool.gif

Chris

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Might leave fitting the 10x5 until the weekend though - get that Amp settled in for a few days and see how the Exact is through the Elicit phono stage (a new circuit apparently)

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Might leave fitting the 10x5 until the weekend though - get that Amp settled in for a few days and see how the Exact is through the Elicit phono stage (a new circuit apparently)

I was going to edit my post suggesting this Steve.

Paul@HiFi-Lounge

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi Steve and Kikiso, good to see you both last week for a couple of Rega sessions :wave:

I thought I would just check out what feedback the Elicit-R is getting, it really is one of may favourite amps at the moment, and I really think at £1598 it is unbeatable, the build quality is excellent but it is the sound quality that really impresses.

It is so clean and transparent but very powerful at the same time, I'm really happy as I have just taken on magneplaner speakers and the Elicit-R works beautifully with the Maggie 12's which really do like to be driven properly, for me that just shows how good the Elicit-R is as it doesn't even break a sweat, for me at around £3000 for the combo that creates a real high end sound at sensible prices.

jamoli

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I've posted elsewhere about my Elicit R continually cutting out (presumably the inbuilt thermal protection circuitry). Has anyone else noted this or is it an isolated situation with my particular amp?

When it first did it, we were in the midst of the heatwave last week and my room was warm, (a situation not helped by the dollop of heat the amp itself was contributing!). It is much cooler now and yet the amp still cuts out after 30 munutes or so of listening with the volume dial at around half way (so not ridiculously loud).

I'm running B&W 685s and whilst the amp is simply staggering in terms of sound quality, the continuous cutting out is driving me insane!

My dealer (Sound Organisation in York) is shut until Monday and i'm hoping between them and Rega they can sort it out as the only option is to swap it out for a Naim Nait XS2, which sounded inferior to my ears.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
jamoli said:
I've posted elsewhere about my Elicit R continually cutting out (presumably the inbuilt thermal protection circuitry). Has anyone else noted this or is it an isolated situation with my particular amp?

When it first did it, we were in the midst of the heatwave last week and my room was warm, (a situation not helped by the dollop of heat the amp itself was contributing!). It is much cooler now and yet the amp still cuts out after 30 munutes or so of listening with the volume dial at around half way (so not ridiculously loud).

I'm running B&W 685s and whilst the amp is simply staggering in terms of sound quality, the continuous cutting out is driving me insane!

My dealer (Sound Organisation in York) is shut until Monday and i'm hoping between them and Rega they can sort it out as the only option is to swap it out for a Naim Nait XS2, which sounded inferior to my ears.

I would change it for a new Rega one, amps should not cut out, if that one does the same maybe need to look for a different make or get a full refund.

The weather is not that hot, 2006 was much hotter.

York is only 19C today, its 29C here .

Paul@HiFi-Lounge

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
jamoli said:

I would agree with others that it sounds like you've got a dodgy Elicit-R, I have had mine on for most of the last month running the Maggie 12's and it hasn't missed a beat. Rega's customer service is excellent so I would swap it out for another one then you can sit back and enjoy this cracking amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts