Rega Elicit R

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Also well worth throwing the Creek Destiny 2 into the equation. Beautiful amp.

it does look stiunning, have you heard it?

Price is going up though £1750 and no phono stage - wonder how it compares to the Elicit

I was hoping the Elicit was going to be under £1500!

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
mitch65 said:
stevebrock said:
This isnt good, surely it should not do that!

Naim Nait XS2, which sounded inferior

not worried now!

I'm going to demo both these amps soon! :dance:

That did sneak onto my radar but no dealer in Sussex or Kent, think the nearest is Unilet! :(

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Price is going up though £1750 and no phono stage -

You can get a phono board bolted in Steve.

If I was after a trannie amp at this price point , this is where I would be looking. Seriously think you should have considered demming this mate.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
floyd droid said:
stevebrock said:
Price is going up though £1750 and no phono stage -

You can get a phono board bolted in Steve.

If I was after a trannie amp at this price point , this is where I would be looking. Seriously think you should have considered demming this mate.

my budget was/is £1500 and i have just bought the RS3s

kikiso

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Well I finally got mine home today. At the moment I'm playing it through 30 year old AR speakers. Bearing in mind the age and original price of the speakers, the sound is really good. I will also be trying it out through my B&W 685s over the weekend but very nice sound so far. I know it can do a lot better. We played it through Maggie 12s in the shop and the resulting sound is really good, Probably what I'm looking for. Two problems, firstly a little above budget, but in for a penny I suppose. Second problem, they are quite imposing in the room I want to use them in.

I also listened to the Sonus Faber 1.5s and just didn't like them. My ARs sound better to my ears. Then ran out of time.

I will have more time to play with the amp over the weekend, and obviously it needs to be used a little more, but very happy with it so far.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
kikiso said:
Well I finally got mine home today. At the moment I'm playing it through 30 year old AR speakers. Bearing in mind the age and original price of the speakers, the sound is really good. I will also be trying it out through my B&W 685s over the weekend but very nice sound so far. I know it can do a lot better. We played it through Maggie 12s in the shop and the resulting sound is really good, Probably what I'm looking for. Two problems, firstly a little above budget, but in for a penny I suppose. Second problem, they are quite imposing in the room I want to use them in.

I also listened to the Sonus Faber 1.5s and just didn't like them. My ARs sound better to my ears. Then ran out of time.

I will have more time to play with the amp over the weekend, and obviously it needs to be used a little more, but very happy with it so far.

lucky sod!

it will be mine......my precious!

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Mr brock

Me thinks you should stop tormenting yourself and buy the Elicit you know you want to.

As I've learnt the hard way by always going for the affordable product and always wondering if the next model up would just complete the set-up (I'm chuckling to myself because as most forum members will tell you its always that 'i wonder if i spend a bit more to improve my set-up moment)

The way i see it your always gonna say to yourself i want it.

you only live once and i know you've booked a holiday with the family (enjoy) but im sure this is your last piece/product to complete the set-up

regards the Mad One

p.s

your speakers and especially your turntable deserve it

garyw77

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
mitch65 said:
stevebrock said:
This isnt good, surely it should not do that!

Naim Nait XS2, which sounded inferior

not worried now!

I'm going to demo both these amps soon! :dance:

And well worth throwing the Exposure 3010S2 into the equation as well. Stunning sound!
smiley-surprised.gif

sandman89

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I am about to make a new hi-fi acquisition and I am interested in the rega elicit r. Until now I've been using an arcam avr400 for both home cinema and hi-fi.

Would I get the amelioration I am looking for with this elicit r?

As front speakers, I'm using dali epicon 2 and an oppo 95 for the source.

I thank you for your advice

TRENDING THREADS