Rega DAC mkII

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Some rumours that they would be unveiling a new Rega DAC but with a asynchronous USB input...?

Is It true or is it a myth...???

Can WHF S&V say something about this, plaese...? :bounce:

nima

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
It would only make sense for Rega to put some part of the asynchronous 192-24 DAC in Saturn-R into the Rega's dated DAC box.

I was hoping they would already reveal DAC mk ii in Bristol.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Here Chebby.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/rega-digital-analogue-converter-mkii-18947/

Ah ok. Thanks. Just someone asking if Rega will make one.

I'm still wating for Rega to announce their own version of a 'Uniti' style 'all-in-one' that doesn't mean shelling out £2.8K for a Naim, or getting a 'facility/input deprived' Arcam Solo product.

No 'mid-fi' upgrade options between a Uniti 2 and a Marantz M-CR610.

It's that middle 'zone' where Rega have always had the most success and their most popular products.

ela-ted

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm still wating for Rega to announce their own version of a 'Uniti' style 'all-in-one' that doesn't mean shelling out £2.8K for a Naim, or getting a 'facility/input deprived' Arcam Solo product.

It's that middle 'zone' where Rega have always had the most success and their most popular products.

Well, a UNitiQute2 might fit the bill. It's what I'm looking at, now the honeymoon period with my M-CR610 has worn off. The interface and slow tuning drives me mad, and the analogue input from my Rega tt sounds ever so dull. Yes, if Rega launch a half size all-in-one, I'd be at the head of the queue.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
ela-ted said:
... now the honeymoon period with my M-CR610 has worn off. The interface and slow tuning drives me mad ...

I've never had those problems with my M-CR603. Almost every subsequent post about the M-CR610 leads me to believe that Marantz have totally 'dropped the ball' this time.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Here Chebby.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/rega-digital-analogue-converter-mkii-18947/

it's someone saying that Rega might announce a async USB DAC at Bristol. 2014...

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
chebby said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Here Chebby.

So would you go for a Rega 'unitilite' thingy then Chebby?

I can see them doing one TBH to cater for streaming & vinyl but without a cdp

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
stevebrock said:
chebby said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Here Chebby.

So would you go for a Rega 'unitilite' thingy then Chebby?

If it had an FM / DAB tuner and two optical inputs, yes. (I'd trade the CD player function for those.)

I'd need one optical input for an ATV3 (to get AirPlay functionality), and the other to continue being able to hear audio from the TV, BDP and PVR through the system.

If it had AirPlay (or a functionally identical alternative that was fully compatible with iOS devices) then one optical input would suffice.

Right now the UnitiQute is the nearest (I almost bought one last year and might still do so) but I'd rather it was a Rega.

Arcam need to re-think the Solo-Neo (and the Solo-Mini) to bring - at the very least - an optical input into the spec. But they are making a lot of money selling iddy-biddy solutions (only one per box though) with a plethora of different docks n DACs * but no true 'all-in-one' that can cater for what an M-CR6nn or Uniti can.

* airDAC, rBLINK, rLINK, SonLINK, rDAC, irDAC, rDOCK, drDOCK, rPAC ....

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Yep the newer Rega DAC is just now in the bigger case and has IEC connector so Rick is correct.

Wonder if Rega will update the Apollo R to include a usable DAC like the Saturn R - if so I would be on board!

Dont get me wrong I love the convenience with MacBook > Rega DAC using the Remote app but I still like a physical medium to handle and still have not got round to ripping 1000+ CDs.

Is one in the making Rick?

MickyBlue

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
My only consern with the original dac was the lack of remote and asynchronus usb, now they have addresed this i will be first in line to get one.

I'm going to need a bigger Hi-Fi stand now *dash1*

TRENDING THREADS