rega apollo with naim nait 5i

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Will rega apollo cdp go well with naim nait 5i amp?

I am planning to feed MA RS6 with these. Will this be a good combo?

I listen to most kinds of music excep metal and hard rock.

A

Anonymous

Rega and Naim will go together nicely but you might find it too bright with the RS6s. For heaven's sake try it first!

A

Anonymous

I have the apollo and whilst my Rega Mira3 amp was at the menders borrowed at nait5i for a few weeks. Sounds very nice BUT when I got the mira back and did some proper comparisons the mira won hands down, more detail, better imaging, deeper more controlled bass and not quite as bright as the nait. Many slate the Mira but with the apollo and r5s its s tunner imo. That was with my Rega r5 speakers which sound very different to the Monitor Audio. I went in to test the MARS6s with intention of buying, heard the r5s with the apollo and mira3 and again blew the rs6s out of the water. Obviously its down to taste, I listen to a lot of unplugged, jazz, classic, chill out and mainstream pop. As Igg said, make sure you test I think the Nait will be far to bright with thr rs6s regardless of cd. Be interested to hear what you end up with.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I've listened to both the Nait amplifier and Rega player extensively (but not together) and guess they make an ok combination. One has a lot of detail with great high frequencies but a slight lack of drive, the other does'nt so you'll probably get an 'in between'. As with regards to speakers, i agree with the posting about the superiority of the Rega's over the MA's. Then again, you might like them.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Whereas in my experience the Regas and Naims are best for...........rock. Can anybody else recommend with other genres?[/quote]

Would'nt choose either one for Rock. The new Naims are more refined but to my ears lack grit and punch. Thats why I'd choose the 8vs2 over the Nait5i and the same with the players.

A

Anonymous

I've heard rock (Radiohead & The Strokes) on the Naim 5i matched with Neat Motive 2's and the sound was VERY good. The Naim/Neat combo can certainly rock. Not so sure that the Naim/Rega R5 combo would rock as well.

I agree with the above posts, the Naim 5i/Rega Apollo/MA RS6 might be too bright.

Maybe swap the Apollo for an even more laid back cdp like a NAD. Or swap the Naim 5i for a Creek Classic integrated amp. In fact, I'd recommend the Creek Classic over the Naim if you're set on buying the RS6's.

A

Anonymous

Well it looks like naim+rega+rs6 is a no no....though I will see if i can demo that.

How about primare i21?....

A

Anonymous

There are a few on this board who own Primare amps with the RS6's and like the combo. I haven't heard the pairing myself though...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts