Comparison of Naim Supernait3 with Rega Aethos

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

FraD

Jun 30, 2022
Visit site
I prefer Naim to Rega, but you should defo audition the suggested Audia Flight. Italians actually make great hi-fi.

Thank you.
I'll take your advice
I will try to ask my supplier if he can get it.
I am really curious to hear an Italian product that I had absolutely not taken into consideration.

robdmarsh

Thank you.
I'll take your advice
I will try to ask my supplier if he can get it.
I am really curious to hear an Italian product that I had absolutely not taken into consideration.
So what did you go with in the end? I'm intrigued because I have just dipped my toe into Naim waters with a 2nd hand Nait 5si. I'm pretty excited by the initial impressions although it's certainly a quirky brand to say the least (thump coming through the speakers when powering on is a bit disconcerting to say the least!)

Reactions: skinnypuppy71

FraD

Jun 30, 2022
Visit site
So what did you go with in the end? I'm intrigued because I have just dipped my toe into Naim waters with a 2nd hand Nait 5si. I'm pretty excited by the initial impressions although it's certainly a quirky brand to say the least (thump coming through the speakers when powering on is a bit disconcerting to say the least!)

HI.
In the end after various listening tests, without thinking too much about the cost, I jumped on the Naim Supernait 3.
Satisfied, great dynamics and impact, clear, wide and deep sonic presence.

robdmarsh

HI.
In the end after various listening tests, without thinking too much about the cost, I jumped on the Naim Supernait 3.
Satisfied, great dynamics and impact, clear, wide and deep sonic presence.
Good for you. There does seem to be something quite special about the Naim sound. Just a quick question for you, well actually two questions: what speakers are you running with your Naim and would you say the sound is fatiguing at all?

FraD

Jun 30, 2022
Visit site
Good for you. There does seem to be something quite special about the Naim sound. Just a quick question for you, well actually two questions: what speakers are you running with your Naim and would you say the sound is fatiguing at all?

The loudspeakers are the ProAc Response DT8, very musical, they fill the soundstage well.
The sound doesn't seem tiring to me, I listen to music even for 8-10 hours a day, I don't have this feeling.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts