Question Acoustic Energy AE109 Mk2 vs Dali Oberon 5

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Well, they can tolerate it if panels are nice enough. I tought about thicker curtains and some nice rug for start ;)
Yes, if you can that's good. I'm a big believer when it comes to room acoustics. Some people make the mistake of throwing in any 5 star product in the belief it'll sound great. Quite often they are wrong. Nothing wrong with the system necessarily, but not enough attention has been made to the acoustics.

Choose a system to suit the room acoustics and not the other way round.

Reactions: Freddy58

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Well picture is just a guide from program. Right here I put speakers about 30cm from wall and ofc cabinet can be a bit shorter. But if I am going with bookshelfs then speakers will be high enough for cabinet to not get in the way
Hiya. I would suggest that 30cm’s isn’t enough? For normal listening I normally have mine quite close to the wall, but for a serious listen I pull them out to around 1m, it makes a dramatic difference, I would say. Better imaging, more detail, no bass boom, just more..’real’. Just my opinion 👍

Reactions: LEOopasni2709

LEOopasni2709

Nov 2, 2023
Visit site
Hiya. I would suggest that 30cm’s isn’t enough? For normal listening I normally have mine quite close to the wall, but for a serious listen I pull them out to around 1m, it makes a dramatic difference, I would say. Better imaging, more detail, no bass boom, just more..’real’. Just my opinion 👍
Maybe I can go a bit more out but not too much considering room size or else I would be right in front of speakers😀

LEOopasni2709

Nov 2, 2023
Visit site
Yes, if you can that's good. I'm a big believer when it comes to room acoustics. Some people make the mistake of throwing in any 5 star product in the belief it'll sound great. Quite often they are wrong. Nothing wrong with the system necessarily, but not enough attention has been made to the acoustics.

Choose a system to suit the room acoustics and not the other way round.
I hope a guy will be good enough to give me their demo pair to listen to at home.

Reactions: plastic penguin

newworld

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
This really helps as I'm looking to order a pair of Acoustic Energy AE109 mk2's and Marantz Stereo 70s for TV/music duty or match with Arcam A5 just for music. I'm hoping that the Acoustic Energy won't be too warm or without punch.

Reactions: LEOopasni2709

LEOopasni2709

Nov 2, 2023
Visit site
This really helps as I'm looking to order a pair of Acoustic Energy AE109 mk2's and Marantz Stereo 70s for TV/music duty or match with Arcam A5 just for music. I'm hoping that the Acoustic Energy won't be too warm or without punch.
Well as I said if you are after more relaxed sound you will most probably like them :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts